GOAL 1 = Quit Drinking

Pixie37

Pixie37

Hi all,
Well my first goal towards improving my mental health is to quit drinking.
Last night i had my last drink which ended up in only a couple of glasses. I can't drink and take all these meds anymore.
I am on AD's and AP's so i need alcohol out of my system. I'm truly sick of the stuff it just causes more problems. And why put all those nasty chemicals in my body?
So no more drink for me. Now its detox time and time to learn to manage my bpd. :clap:

Pixie :) xx

Pixie37

Pixie37

I've been thinking about drinking for about 4 hours now :wine:
I want to drink cause i just feel soooo crap and low. I think it will cheer me up for a bit and numb my head and stop the thoughts. But then i'll get all upset and sob and maybe sh. When i'm already upset, restless, sad, hopeless. And then i'd feel physically crap for drinking on top of meds and depressed and annoyed for drinking and regret what i've done again cause of the drink. I am fighting not to drink :(

maxitab

maxitab

Fight well Pixie lovely....you owe it to yourself not to get into the destructive cycle you have noted in your post......and you have all of my support and encouragement. Keep posting - it's better than a drink and we are all sparkling!

Pixie37

Pixie37

Thanks i'm trying...its hard :cry:
I remember my nurse says i need a plan for Friday nights (when i've allowed myself a bottle as a treat). Maybe i need a plan for the rest of the day today....thinking...

Pixie37

Pixie37

AAAAArrrggghhh! I hate this its like trying to fight an urge to sh. Thats me totally self destructive. And trying to learn how not to. I can't even think straight. I can't settle at anything today....read my book...have a bubble bath...ladies in lavender at 4.45pm...pot noodle...crackers...i can't decide what order. Wish i could just be knocked out. Drink would do that. Going to make a coffee :tea: I feel lost again. Dont know where i'm going. I'm ill. K can f off my nurse will help me.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Aw Pixie sorry you are struggling so much with the drink honey - I know its hard to give up - In fact I haven;t and they are always on at me to do so too as I take a.p's and a.d's. Keep posting and keep going - you can get through it.

KS

Pixie37

Pixie37

Thanks keepsafe.
I've had a very long bath and used all my nice xmas smelly stuff so i'm all pampered up and relaxed. I'm just having :tea: then i'm off to bed with my :study:

keepsafe

keepsafe

That sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do - could do with relaxing myself too - a bit stressed out today. Mmmmm a warm bath and a nice book does sound inviting.

Enjoy!
KS
x

maxitab

maxitab

Kindle kindle! I love my kindle. Just got another kindle book......I have decided to do a 'nourish and flourish' three days Pixie. Do you want to join me. You can do anything at all that nourishes your mind/bod/spirit and promotes you to Flourish....Let's all bloom like roses!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Pixies thread but I just wanted to say I wanted a kindle too - didn;t get one but did get some new books, M says kindle was a waste of my money - hey what does M know!

I'm gonna get me a kindle I think - oh roses beautiful.

x

maxitab

maxitab

Rose essential oil in the water, with just one drop of Jasmine. Do you know how to have a luxury bath? Put something soft (a big old towel) in the bottom of the bath to lie on. Make sure you have essential oils of choice (though keep away from naked flame of any candles), soft lighting, lashings of more hot water to add, a cup of something good to drink, a bath pillow ( I have to make several trips loaded with supplies for this bath.) Read or wallow....music.....do not wash - this is a luxury bath not a practical one.
Get out when suitably wrinkly and coat yourself in your most luxurious moisture cream.
That is a bath worth taking.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Kindle kindle! I love my kindle. Just got another kindle book......I have decided to do a 'nourish and flourish' three days Pixie. Do you want to join me. You can do anything at all that nourishes your mind/bod/spirit and promotes you to Flourish....Let's all bloom like roses!
Yeah of course i'll join you maxi :) but whats a kindle book? xx

keepsafe

keepsafe

Now that sounds like a real bath!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh
xx

maxitab

maxitab

A kindle is like an ipod for books. You can read them on a page that looks just like the page of a book, or it will read them to you. The voice is a bit strange (they are still working on the technology) but it is fine. It is a bit expensive (£150) but they will come down in price. You can read ebooks (many are free), and all ebooks are cheaper than paper based ones. My friend got one and once she showed me hers I gave myself one as a birthday treat......it was worth every penny!
I don't take it in the bath though.......

Oh, and I just found out I can use the library MP3 books and transfer them to the kindle too, so even more free books!

Pixie37

Pixie37

Oh boy! i have to have that luxury bath tomorrow night. I have lavender oil but no jasmine. I have a back massager pillow for the bath. I've only used it once. I need one of those wee head pillows that stick to the bath :)

maxitab

maxitab

In my bathroom there is also : a bookcase full of books, fiction, non-fiction and picture.
Two crossword books and a selection of pens.
Two plants.
An easy chair (we are social poopers)!!!!
A table with candles, essential oils, a textile piece, and a set of Inspirations Cards. Going to the bathroom in my house is a holistic experience and folk have been known to disappear there for hours......

You can choose to have company or not depending on if you leave the door open. Furbaby likes to visit newcomers too.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Pixie you can do it, just take one day at a time hon, and dont put too much pressure on your back to give up. One day at a time, and you take each day as its your first day without a drink... and dont look too much in the future because its too hard to do that.... remember one day at a time .

:)