Giving up drinking

schizolanza

schizolanza

Ok I've decided to stop drinking.I mainly drink lager.I probably average at about 5 tins per day of Carlsberg or Carling.
But just stopping is boring,I need to replace the bad habit with a good one.
The drinking has contributed to my increased weight.I'm 15 and a half stone.I was about 11 stone before I started taking olanzapine 2 years ago.
Anyway I've decided to take up bodybuilding again.I got pretty big once and I reckon I can acheive my goals now that my metabolism has slowed down.
Soon I'm going to start a strict high nutrition diet combined with gruelling workouts using my weights in my shed.
I'm starting to feel motivated again.I've been depressed for a long time.Recently I started a low dose (5mg) of escitalopram which seems to be helping a lot.
Anyway,right now I'm having one last drinking session before I start my new routine tomorrow.I reckon if I look athletic enough I might be able to get a job in a gym or leisure centre.I've been underweight most of my life,looking like a heroin addict.

bluenomore

bluenomore

Good luck with that :)
How long have you been on Olanzapine now?
I was only on it for a few months and I noticed an increase in weight. I stopped taking it in the end because I felt like a zombie.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
youve made the right decision drinking is a depressant and makesyou feel worse but if you have a blip and drink again dont give up keep trying i wish someone had said that to me when i gave up i'm 8 months sober now i feel so much better. good luck diddy:)

schizolanza

schizolanza

I've been on olanzapine for two years now
I enjoyed drinking.It is going to be hard for a little while.I really fancy a lager!
I've been drinking protein shakes all day.I've got all the ingredients together.I just need to clear out my shed so I can make a start on the training.
I have to eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight each day.That's 217 grams a day.I haven't got the money to buy the expensive bodybuilding weight gainer powders so I found a recipe on the internet that I can make up myself which is cheaper.
That's why I've stopped drinking ,because of the cost.And I need the money to pay for the bodybuilding diet.

schizolanza

schizolanza

After speaking to some bodybuilders for advice they've advised me to get in shape before starting proper training.
I'm on a diet,the first diet of my life.To lose 4 1/2 stone that I've gained in the last two years on olanzapine.I've started exercising on my wifes cross trainer.
I think by cutting out the alcohol completely and eating a restricted calorie diet and exercising I should lose it quickly.
I did have a glass of alco pop yesterday but nothing like what I normally drink.I'm not planning on having any alcohol today.

schizolanza

schizolanza

I managed to not drink any alcohol yesterday and today.My wife has been drinking stella in front of me! But I've resisted temptation.

S

*Sapphire*

Well done Olanza!

Maybe this will help as an incentive to stay off the alcohol and help with your weight loss.

Calories in a can (550ml) of lager stella artois: 221

Maybe you can tell your wife that! :p

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
dont push yourself too far too early

you have to crawl before you walk. i think you will find that buy cutting down the alcohol you will naturally loose weight. however it is mentally hard in the beginning dont be afraid to reach for the odd chocolate bar as sugar can help the craving. so whn you stop drinking you casn get low blood sugar so chocolate is the answer. it is a marathon rather than a sprint. and thiamin can be missing from your diet doa multivitamin a day would be a good idea. keep up the good work and take it easy diddy:clap:

J

jamesdean

Well done olanza I rarely drink these days and you do loose weight and your skin is nicer etc dont get me wrong I have a drink about once a month, take care Frank

schiz01

schiz01

After speaking to some bodybuilders for advice they've advised me to get in shape before starting proper training.
I'm on a diet,the first diet of my life.To lose 4 1/2 stone that I've gained in the last two years on olanzapine.I've started exercising on my wifes cross trainer.
I think by cutting out the alcohol completely and eating a restricted calorie diet and exercising I should lose it quickly.
I did have a glass of alco pop yesterday but nothing like what I normally drink.I'm not planning on having any alcohol today.
sounds like good advice.....olanzapine is notorious for weight gain .I stopped taking it for that reason...it made me crave food all the time and with the added sedating affect i just sat around eating and piling on the pounds.

good luck with it all

Last edited: