• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Giving card and box of chocs to cpn and therapist

jems89

jems89

Hi,

I feel like both my CPN and therapist have gone out of their way to help me this year and as I thank you I would like to give each of them a Christmas card and a small box of chocolates, is this allowed?

I'm really not sure if they would be allowed to accept them or what their policies are.

I would feel super embarrassed if they were unable to accept them.

Anyone does this before?

J

JulietEC

I think that's a lovely idea and they will and should be accepted as meant.

I am a Nurse and the Code of Conduct does mention gifts and you can't accept gifts of money which is totally understandable and I know colleagues who've been offered.

T

Topcat

I am usually a bit mad before Christmas and make presents for all sorts of people, therapists, docs, etc. They've always been accepted before :)
I spent more on the big issue lady than my own ma a couple of years back, lol, but that's another story.
I love giving prezzies :)

jems89

jems89

Thanks both!

I'll give them to them tomorrow, I feel better now that I know it's allowed! :)

D

Dottyone

I have done this every year with my cpn and she accepted them with a big smile.

But !, I once took a cake to the office where all the Cpns and Social Workers hang out, and then Receptionist said they could not accept it as it was not allowed.

Seems they think we might be trying to poison them, I would not mind I crushed all my Anti-Sike Tablets up and used them as flour in that Cake. :rofl2:

Breaking News : 23 Cpns still asleep after 48 hours after client bakes them a Cake :mrgreen:

I am sure your CPN would love your chocy's, you go for it, its a lovely thought jems .

Last edited:
Gajolene

Gajolene

I thought of doing this for our police officers here, as they acted with nothing but compassion and professionally the times they needed to be called to assist with the boys involuntary hospital admissions and never complained about having to wait sometimes several hours at the hospital till the ambulance arrived for the transfer to the psych hospital, which kept them from doing they're regular shift duties. The boys nurses definately deserve gifts as well. Have gone above and beyond as well for me and the boys, helping with housing issues, driving to and from places. Treating us to coffee's. Great idea

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Did you give the cards/choccies out?
Am just wondering how it went. :)

jems89

jems89

Hi, it went well thanks.

I gave them both a small box of chocolates and a Christmas card and they both seemed really appreciative and thanked me :) Phewww!

Y

yoyogirl

I am sure they would be accept chocolates from you, i accepted a variety of small gifts when I was working in social services. Huge perk of the job.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Services 32