Giving a presentation. Looking for your views.

M

Major Button

Hi I'm new. I'm a student Nurse who also happens to be bipolar. We are doing our mental health week at uni this week and at the end of the week we do a presentation. The other students at uni don't know I'm bipolar but when we were deciding who was doing what bit of the presentation I was asked to look into how people with mental illness are affected by stigma and discrimination. I don't think I'm ready to come out to the other students but I do feel a responsibility to tell all these future Nurses about the discrimination people face so I'm going to use my own experience but I also want to know how discrimination and stigma affects you guys and what experiences you have had so I can share them with my class mates. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

Star-28

Star-28

im not out with my illness, but in past relationships ive been told, well i knew it was too good to be true and you seemed too perfect. they said they knew something had to be wrong. what a slap in the face!! assholes!! which they all turned out to be!