• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

givern up

L

lin

:(i have what thay call personality disorder whatever that means,i have been in and out of depression for about 20yrs ,i last had it bad was about 2yrs ago but it has come back,i went to my doctor the other day and i told him i was planning suicide but he just sent me home ,i did what i thought was right i asked for help but nothing,its that i wont to die thats scareing me,i have nowere to turn i have had enough and no future anymore i cant go on like this hurting inside,i have given up,i hope sites like this will get the message across to the health service that every person is worthy of living but for me its to late,.i cant go on anymore.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Lin what an unsympathetic GP.
You could try going to your local casualty at least you will have a chance of seeing soemone trainned in mental health issues there.
Take care.
KP

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Lin no way is it too late, dial 999 ring samaritians you are worth it.
Please stay and read through some of people's threads on this forum none of us is perfect and we all have problems but we will try and help.
KP:hug:

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
I'm glad that you have found this forum. KP has given some great advice - I hope you are able to listen to it, and I hope to see you on this forum again.

Take care.

Rollinat

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Lin, like yourself i've suffered many depressive episodes over the years and also know how frustrating it is not to be heard and helped by our gp's. But please don't give up, if possible ask to be seen by another doctor at your surgery or contact one of mental health organisations in your local area, they should be able to get you the help you need.

Things will improve. so please take care of yourself as i'm sure that like me. many others on this forum are rooting for you.:hug:

A

Apotheosis

its to late but thanks.
:welcome: to the forum Lin. I have been like this as well in the past. I totally gave up a few times. I'm still here. Tomorrow is a new day. Help often comes from unexpected places. Please let people know how you are; even chatting on-line can be of benefit. :hug:

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
Hi lin, you are so very worthy and must seek help. I know its easy to dismiss advice on these forums but it does help and there are lots of experienced people out there. If you are at the end and can't go on call 999. You will get the help you need for definite.

:hug:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi lin - I've been at the end of the line too - wanting it all to end and preparing the means to achieve this - all it took was contact with my local hospital and they helped me get through that particularly bad time. I'm not saying that the bad times have gone completely but there have been better times in between - times I wouldn't otherwise have had. There'll always be tomorrow and there's always the chance that tomorrow will be better.

If you still feel bad please do give the hospital a chance to prove that the NHS isn't all as insensitive as your GP. Keep posting here as well - it's amazing what a few posts can do.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi Lin
If you can let us know how you are .
Kp

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
Lin, there are times that I want it all just to end as well - I know how you feel. You've been handling your situation for 20 years now, that's good going (y) and that just shows you how strong you are. I've been dealing with mine for about half that time and I'll probably be dealing with it for the foreseeable future - but I already understand what it's like to have these things going on for so long.

Please, I'm pleading with you to stay with us here on this forum - we'll listen and help you through this if you want us to.

Do you have any family nearby ?

L

lin

to late

hi everyone i am still hear thankyou for careing went to see phyciatrist today but he was shit. i am getting drunk and then gonna overdose told you thay dont give a dam.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
You might feel they don't Lin but we all do on the forum.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
Seconded. I think some doctors do their best to distance themselves somewhat emotionally and can come across as cold, uncaring and even damn right nasty. I know because I've had someone like that involved in my treatment once. I remember feeling very low over all that, even stressed out because it felt like what I was saying didn't really matter. Hang in there lin, your with people who understand what your going through.