• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

given up

W

whatnext

I cannot fight this no more, there is no help out there in suffolk, no one cares anymore, I keep hurting my family and I have strong suicidal thoughts all the time,,, things are getting worse in my head and no one can help... I am looking to this awful illness.......

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi whatnext and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are getting so little help and support with what is a terrible and often isolating illness.

You have been strong enough to fight it for this long so please don't give up hope. I know exactly how wearing and incredibly bad it can make you feel. If you are able to at the moment, talk on here a little longer tonight and share more of your worries and thoughts.

We do our best to support each other on the forum and depression is something that many of us have struggled with and been through. :hug1:

W

whatnext

Thanks for reply I'm loosing my family I don't think my poor wife can take much more, my mum is terminally ill with cancer with poss only weeks to live, she has pushed me away, and I have probably had only about 5 hours sleep all week I will talk again soon as I'm struggling to think and stay strong at moment

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. That's dreadful news and must be very hard to cope with in itself.

Hopefully your family are feeling differently about things than you are. Depression can cloud our view at times and make everything seem worse. I know it's not easy for anyone to deal with. Can you talk about how you're feeling with your wife?

Don't worry about responding if you're not feeling up to it, or would rather not discuss it. I totally understand. There's lots of information and many posts on the forum about depression. Maybe take a look around when you can concentrate. Some might help.

If you feel as though you need urgent assistance tonight, this might be helpful: Getting help

W

whatnext

I cannot talk to my wife, although she is very supportive and helps me through most tough times, she doesn't understand me (not her fault) we had a big argument tonight, we will get through it but there will be a time we won't, I hate getting angry, it's not her fault, thanks for the info I will look at it,just joined so getting to grips how site works, thanks for help

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I think it's extremely difficult to understand any MH issue unless you've been there yourself. I have the same with my family; they're very supportive and caring but they just really don't get it.

Sorry to hear you can't talk about things (and you've argued) but your wife does sound helpful and supportive, which is good. Hopefully you'll be able to talk more on here and get some additional support that will help too. It's certainly made me feel less alone.

You'll soon get used to the forum, I'm sure. It can seem quite daunting to start with but it'll get easier. If you need any help finding your way round, don't hesitate to ask. You can do that here or by private message, if you'd prefer.

I really hope you start feeling better soon.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: whatnext, I'm sorry you are dealing with so much and not getting any help. I hope talking here will be an outlet and lighten the load a little. Take care,

Alice

J

jeztepes

I am feeling much the same as you and also upsetting for all who love me,,,they are helpless and hurting too,
the authorities, doctors etc have been abyssmal but i guess i am still fighting to get help
probably why i came to this forum ,,

sorry about your mum i hope they are making her comfy and pain free .
sometimes one has to take a leap of faith in the dark in order to get by ,, maybe tommorow will be a better day

cheers jerry

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dont know what to say but i know it feels a little bit better when you get a reply and feel acknowledged than just seeing all the views.
I know what you mean about your wife, my bf knows my mh is bad but he just can't understand, no matter.

W

whatnext

Thank you all for your hugs and messages it helps a little, I have had a couple of better days but still suffering with lack of sleep, just cannot sleep and don't want to rely on sleeping pills.... going back to docs on Tuesday to advise I have come to a dead end again and see what happens... I guess we must try to keep fighting as something telling me life is worth living we shall see what happens again Tuesday ...

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I got put on mirtazipine as I didn't want to take sleeping tablets but at 45mg now and don't find it help lift my mood and even my sleep which was good at first has now gotten disturbed again. I hope your gp helps you find an answer :)