• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Give Up

S

starzzzzz

I give up. Ive had enough. But by monday morning i will have my sensible persona going on. pissed off

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ok, so you know that by Monday morning you might be feeling better. How do you think you will feel on Monday, can you do anything that you would usually do on Mondays over the weekend or keep yourself busy?

x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. Do you often find the weekends hard going? I hope you're feeling better soon. :hug1:

S

starzzzzz

Thanks for your kind words. I feel like a time waster.... Ive been drinking. Thats why i feel crappy. I shouldn't drink.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

A time waster, on here? You certainly don't need to feel that way. That's the trouble with drink, I suppose, it'll make you feel one way or the other. I hope you don't suffer too much with hangovers.

Stay safe :hug1:

S

starzzzzz

Thanks Purple Chaos. Im feeling a bit more sober now. I just did 'Dry January' so had no alcohol for a month....and then a bottle of wine tonight! I felt so much better without alcohol, i might try and quit altogether.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That's pretty good going staying off the alcohol for a month! Did you find it easy, or was it a struggle?

It might be a good idea to quit if you find it's adversely affecting you. I can't say much; though I don't drink a lot, I find it very hard to turn down a good glass of wine!

S

starzzzzz

I wish i could have the odd glass but im an all or nothing kind of girl. Up until January I was drinking quite alot. Giving up wasn't too bad. I had cravings but somehow didn't give in! Definately felt physically and mentally pretty good for not drinking! Hade a blow out tonight, but me and my best friend are planning on doing a dry february and march...so we will see how we get on with that!! :)