• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Give me a reason not to attack my voices?

unwell

unwell

Sure. However making a habit of talking back to the voices and especially swearing at them is, for some reason, socially uncool.

You might also try asking them nicely to go away?

S

skyblue

Sure. However making a habit of talking back to the voices and especially swearing at them is, for some reason, socially uncool.

You might also try asking them nicely to go away?
Well, that all depends on what they're saying to you doesn't it.

He wanted me dead & for what reason? He wanted to prove that myself & others who have been dx with a so called 'MH illness' are apparently off their trolley's & should stay in an Asylum away from social society.

But it was OK for him to beat my mum black & blue. He was scared shitless. It was going to be sorted out by quiet word from my bro, but he couldn't handle it & so decided to make up lies & try and press charges against my brother, dad & myself. Strange that my dad hadn't even spoken to him. Police came to protect his frightened arse that night.

Funny that he decided to drop the charges afterwards. He thought that by calling the Old Bill it would quieten things down. It's not been forgotten.

Last edited:
unwell

unwell

I think I came in the middle of a conversation. I can't say anybody shouldn't talk back to voices or swear at them - especially if they are abusing you and your family. I just meant from personal experience it is ill advised and habit forming.

bert tomato

bert tomato

And anyway Burntfruit - Who is going to judge you for shouting back? I doubt you'll chose to shout at them in the middle of a high street hey? So, what does it matter?
Yes I understand your view. However it does hurt creating abuse in my head - as if attacking an imaginary foe. It just hurts. BTW I don't 'shout' I think it. Sometimes at the end of my tether I utter a 'Oh shut up' etc..

I think my brain is damaged and I need to heal it , thats all.:)

S

skyblue

Yes I understand your view. However it does hurt creating abuse in my head - as if attacking an imaginary foe. It just hurts. BTW I don't 'shout' I think it. Sometimes at the end of my tether I utter a 'Oh shut up' etc..

I think my brain is damaged and I need to heal it , thats all.:)
Your brain isn't damaged. But yes,.. you're right in that you need to heal. X

bert tomato

bert tomato

I am much nicer now. thats all. :/

F

fmlfml

I am much nicer now. thats all. :/
Hey Burntfruit, it seems to me you're on a good way of recovery!
I've seen alot of posetivity spark in your posts! I am glad for ya, and it's an inspiration to me aswell!

Wish you the best <3

M

mister_anon

I have tried different techniques, emotinally reacting only seems to work me up and satisfy my voices. I perfer methods of disarmament or silence. By disarmament I mean I quietly argue against the things they say using evidence and information. I find often I can dominate a voice and shut it up this way. Just using arguements and having a flexible and educated mind on many subjects enables me to shut them down. They make weak attempts to talk me down or bully me any more or use threats, I just don't believe the threats and I really don't give a shit what they think they can do. All voices are is noise and distraction. I use medication sometimes just to cut down on the noise.

Some times when I am in a weakened state or highly stressed they come out of the wood work and drill me. I just have to find my center and belief point and use the above technique to rationally deal with the noise.

D

dontwakethedragon

Hi Mister_Lister, that's an excellent technique. I wish I had been wise enough to use the silent treatement more often. Arguging and getting angry at them only intensified and strengthened the power they had over me. After landing in the hospital twice from listening to their nasty bullying and commands, I learned my lesson the hard way.

While I tried disarmament a couple times in the past, the foreign thoughts (I call them that because there really isn't a 'sound' associated with the thoughts, they just occur independently from my own internal dialoge) are shrewd debators and can easily disarm my logical counter-arguments, often alternating between feigned goodwill and cunning verbal assaults (I call it good cop/bad cop).

For me the silent treatment is a Godsend. I no longer even bother listening to their bullshit. For a long time I would feel drawn in to listening to the thoughts again (almost like a co-dependent person returning to their abusive spouse in hopes that they had 'changed'). But now I tune them out and haven't had a conversation with them for three months now. While still they jabber continuously, I don't make-out the commentary since my attention is placed elsewhere.

The thoughts do seem to become intrusive when I try to sleep at night. This occurs once or twice a month actually. My anxiety level seems to rise and the thoughts become easier to make-out as to what they are saying. They also seem to talk while I'm dreaming. Some commentary was happening during my dream and as I gradually woke up the same commentary continued. Yup, the bastards just don't quit. Thankfully, my everyday life is no longer impeded by their shenanigans.

Peace and stay safe everyone.

W

wellness

I feel they just disturb me, are reptitive, boring, violating, patronising.

Why should I not say 'Shut the f**k up' back to them?

Is it ugly?

TBH I dont care, I find it satisfying and enjoyable to tell them what I think of them.
Hi,
These voices are indeed insanely "repetitive" incredibly "boring" and in the grand scheme of things what they say does not matter one shit just as their existence is akin to some germs and does not matter.
I have listened to the voices that I have as just medicating them does not seem to work and they are not dying away. Like you I have many a times shouted back at them and my shouts back at them have been more targeted verbal assaults which have resulted in actually killing off a voice so from my experience it pays off blasting them off and verbally assaulting them.

I have analysed the voices that I have and found out what their underlying motivation is -- their sole objective in saying and screaming things at me is with the sole objective of "Paining me" the voices that I have are bloody malicious and live every moment of the day trying to seek out dirt from my past or present with the sole intention of hurting me ... they are here serving NO benevolent purpose I am absolutely certain of it and doing what you do to them is absolutely necessary to deal with this menace ! In fact I hear them repeatedly go about in the background some of them when all falls quiet "Pain it" "Pain it", "Disturb it" "Disturb it" ... From what I have researched about voices that sink to the abyss of making people do destructive things and wanting to "Kill" etc... the voices that I have are no different from the stereotypical, in fact they are deluding that they will be able to get me kill people! Fat chance I say when I her them ramble on "Kill people" The only things that will be killed on this planet are the "voices" as these "voices" serve no purpose and are meant to be killed ! So no sweat ! keep shouting back and verbally assaulting these voices and kill a few of them off, where the medications are not able to reach and target these voices, perhaps you will be able to target them by verbally assaulting them ! No worries ! There is no such thing as it being ugly as there is no one in this world who cares ! In the grand scheme of things you have to recognise it is the voices against you no one else will take sides for or against your voices .... I have read a lot of posts on here where people have posed stuff about listening and paying attention to your voices and understanding them and "resolving" them ... I have done just that and the voices that I have are just plain ugly, nasty and simply beyond reason and just plain incredibly "insane" I have listened to what they have to say and gotten to the bottom of their very motivation and their motivation is not a honourable one it is an insane one to just do plain harm to me .... they just plain hate me and the feeling is mutual !! I want to simply wipe out the voices that I have from the face of this earth and if you can come up with a way to do it as the medications are very slow in their actions I would be eternally grateful !

Cheers !

Wendy

Wendy

my voices told me they were outside my flat i was so angry that i was going to smash the shit outof them wx

bert tomato

bert tomato

My voices are in pain. I feel sorry for them. Should I help them? REally they make me feel VERU GUILTY!!!!

D

dontwakethedragon

Man, is there some re-occuring pattern with these voices across different people. I too have had that nasty trick played on me. One of the few times I actually 'heard' them externally rather than as 'soundless' thoughts in my own head. They kept saying they were outside waiting for me and that I should come out and see them. Deluded and befuddled at the time, I would go outside looking for them but then the voices would cease. Like the bastards ran off and hid somewhere. I would go back in the apartment then it would start over again with them commanding me to go search them out. They sounded very distant, like they were calling from the bottom of hill or something. Very odd and annoying.

D

dontwakethedragon

My voices are in pain. I feel sorry for them. Should I help them? REally they make me feel VERU GUILTY!!!!
Why do they make you feel guilty Burnfruit? Can you tell me what they're saying? . Though I am not sure if you can help relieve their pain, you can try calming them down by talking to them reassuringly. I have doubts about that strategy though. I any case, I have a hunch that the 'pain' they are experiencing probably isn't real. Could you describe their reasoning for this pain?

bert tomato

bert tomato

Why do they make you feel guilty Burnfruit? Can you tell me what they're saying? . Though I am not sure if you can help relieve their pain, you can try calming them down by talking to them reassuringly. I have doubts about that strategy though. I any case, I have a hunch that the 'pain' they are experiencing probably isn't real. Could you describe their reasoning for this pain?
I am very tired of all this now. i just get the feeling. let me think about this..