• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Girls and gay men

J

jamesdean

Whilst I was on holiday, a girl started to talk to me in the early hours of the morning and having had a few san miguels, I dont think she was prepared for my answer, "she was telling me how much she loved her friend n if only he wasnt gay", I told her to leave him alone so he could get on with his life, she said that she had a boyfriend but he didnt understand like her friend.
The thing it wouldnt help his mental health to be suppressed, though the only thing is I did think the next day was I to harsh because the trouble is some gay men like hanging out with girls like a fashion accesory.
The thing is may be I am to hard with people because I do think,some people/friendships can be negative, though I was isolated for 7 years part of that time I was almost recluse to which I was quite happy, because people can be hurtful.
Whilst I was away, I came to the realisation that though I have always been a persons person, My mood has moved recently from being quite plaside to quite an angry person.I'm not out of control with that shift but I can now see the negative effects some past frienships have had on my life. I tried to come out when I was 18 n I was shoved back in the closet for another 8 years.Because I listened to girlfriends, my boss and my brother.
All this in my past, why now has it come out because I was angry with this girl because I was in a marriage with a girl that tried to change me, I told her that I had had sex with men but none the less I lived her dream for that time which means I was weak, and even to the end I allowed the divorce to go through siting my homosexuality, when I found out years later she was having an affair, n the bit that hurts is I was physically well and could of danced my way through some gay clubs and music.:dance::dj:

T

Twylight

I've been almost a recluse for 20 years and it does make us tough - we have to be.
I can be grumpy with my freinds, when I think about them, but when I actually talk to them, the grumpiness seems to disappear.

I think I spend too much time alone thinking
When i'm busy it's healthier

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
James, there is still so much stigma regards homosexuality, it must be very tough. I can understand why you have tried marriage, and understand why you feel anger regards this girl who fancies her gay friend.

Don't be afraid to be who you are, and turn away from anyone who doesn't like it. You are not weak, you face a wall of prejudice and discrimination. The best tonic you can give yourself is to accept who you are and go out there and be happy, and meet like minded individuals who will also accept you for who you are :)

J

jamesdean

Twylight I've kinda talked about my anger in my weekend post, thank you for taking the time to read this post thanks.
Ashami you are right, and i am proud gay man thanks for your reply.

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
hi JD
i agree with A, the best way to do it is to just be who you are
comming out is really hard and it's a real problem when other people are so ignorant and close minded about it, but it does get easyer but there is always that one person who'll make a comment that will really make you angry.
i cant believe what that girl, and you're right it wouldn't help him to be pushed into a relationship that he couldnt be in,
hope you're ok =)