• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Girlguiding UK

masked_parade

masked_parade

Hey,is anyone here part of girlguiding uk? And if so what do you do? Have you ever had any trouble in the past because of your MH?

Sam

T

Trish

I dont know about guiding but I do about scouts I was a leader, I have never been sectioned however I have been a phych hospital as a voluntary paitent.

A disclosure check is done and if it showed up on mine no one commented on it so I assume it wasnt.

I found it hard going as I drift off and when in charge of children that is not a good thing.... :)

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi,

I am a CSL of a cub pack. I have never had any problems in terms of MH, however its not something I have been all that open about with the other leaders either. The only issue I have found is the factor of spending too much time doing scouting things and not having time for myself. I did find running the pack rather overwhelming this term and as a result have not attended every week. The likehood for me personally is that I will not return back at the start of the term, I will take a break until I feel a little more motivated.

I also used to run climbing at a scout activity centre too, but it all became too much and I have just stopped going to that.

Good luck with your scouting and guiding sections.

X