• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

girlfriend said she got prescribed lithium for "stress"

K

kilorew99

I don't think I've ever heard of a dr presribing lithium for stress. Then again some dr's prescribe pills like crazy, so I guess it's possible.
Yeah starting to think it might be a lie as to whats really going on.

R

Rex Smith

Yeah starting to think it might be a lie as to whats really going on.
Many people keep their mental health a secret from everyone. For leaving and coming back like nothing happened is a way to hide the secret. Staying around could easily escalate the possibility of an episode, which wouldn't be easy to explain. An increase of stress and anxiety situations are common triggers to uncontrollable manic rage. I wouldn't get to upset about the lies because it's probably how she deals with her condition. When you're use to handling a situation a certain way it becomes second nature and difficult to change.

Many people have a stereotype towards people with mental indifferences. Her past honesty may have resulted in an negative impact in her life. Fear of aloneness and being unloved can cause many people to fall into depression. Someone that's bipolar can fall into a depressed or manic state that can last anywhere from a week to several months without the ability to snap out of it. Manic and depression episodes aren't pleasant or something those that's bipolar want to experience.

For long term relationships to succeed you need honesty and understanding of one another. The choices you make can greatly alter your future so think long and hard about what you really want in life. No one is perfect and all relationships are challenging and requires work to last.

K

kilorew99

Many people keep their mental health a secret from everyone. For leaving and coming back like nothing happened is a way to hide the secret. Staying around could easily escalate the possibility of an episode, which wouldn't be easy to explain. An increase of stress and anxiety situations are common triggers to uncontrollable manic rage. I wouldn't get to upset about the lies because it's probably how she deals with her condition. When you're use to handling a situation a certain way it becomes second nature and difficult to change.

Many people have a stereotype towards people with mental indifferences. Her past honesty may have resulted in an negative impact in her life. Fear of aloneness and being unloved can cause many people to fall into depression. Someone that's bipolar can fall into a depressed or manic state that can last anywhere from a week to several months without the ability to snap out of it. Manic and depression episodes aren't pleasant or something those that's bipolar want to experience.

For long term relationships to succeed you need honesty and understanding of one another. The choices you make can greatly alter your future so think long and hard about what you really want in life. No one is perfect and all relationships are challenging and requires work to last.

Thank you, I assume you don't necessarily believe that someone would get prescribe lithium for stress.

I think you have hit on a lot of points accurately