• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ghosted

S

Shay94

I know how you feel with being "ghosted". I've had that several times over the years with people I've been to primary/high school with or even those I've met afterwards. I know life does get in the way sometimes but its not hard to take couple seconds of your time & quickly reply back. It hurts when you consider someone a friend only to find out later on they don't really give a shit bout you at all, I struggle now with trust issues as everyone ditched me after my mum had breast cancer twice :(

mineralgloss

mineralgloss

I know how you feel with being "ghosted". I've had that several times over the years with people I've been to primary/high school with or even those I've met afterwards. I know life does get in the way sometimes but its not hard to take couple seconds of your time & quickly reply back. It hurts when you consider someone a friend only to find out later on they don't really give a shit bout you at all, I struggle now with trust issues as everyone ditched me after my mum had breast cancer twice :(
I can relate. Friends are so happy to be around you when times are good, and no where to be found when things get difficult. Reminds me of the song "nobody wants you when you're down and out".

S

Shay94

I can relate. Friends are so happy to be around you when times are good, and no where to be found when things get difficult. Reminds me of the song "nobody wants you when you're down and out".
Yes that's exactly true. No one seems to care when you're struggling hard and need help but are immediately next to you if you're happy. Like what's the point in having friends at all if aren't gonnabbe there for you when it's really needed? I generally just stay home with my partner, don't have many people I can trust any more

mineralgloss

mineralgloss

Yes that's exactly true. No one seems to care when you're struggling hard and need help but are immediately next to you if you're happy. Like what's the point in having friends at all if aren't gonnabbe there for you when it's really needed? I generally just stay home with my partner, don't have many people I can trust any more
Agreed. I've had superficial/shallow friendships my entire life, we would go partying and shopping and holidaying and so on. I would sacrifice my happiness to look after them when they were too drunk or upset. Guess what happened when I was unwell on my birthday abroad? My so called friend just sat back drinking with her boyfriend and pretended not to see me. I just want one genuine and loyal friend:grouphug:

S

Shay94

Agreed. I've had superficial/shallow friendships my entire life, we would go partying and shopping and holidaying and so on. I would sacrifice my happiness to look after them when they were too drunk or upset. Guess what happened when I was unwell on my birthday abroad? My so called friend just sat back drinking with her boyfriend and pretended not to see me. I just want one genuine and loyal friend:grouphug:
Yeah I'm always the sober person if I go out drinking/partying with others. I look after the others when they're too drunk, throwing up etc & drive them home. And I'm sorry to hear that your friend did that to you, its not nice to be treated that way, ditch them & find someone else. Plus you always got me to talk to online 😊

Argon

Argon

Yeah I'm always the sober person if I go out drinking/partying with others. I look after the others when they're too drunk, throwing up etc & drive them home. And I'm sorry to hear that your friend did that to you, its not nice to be treated that way, ditch them & find someone else. Plus you always got me to talk to online 😊
Why? Drunks disgust me. That was a problem I had in college - almost everyone's main hobby was getting drunk. I didn't want to have anything to do with it.

S

Shay94

Why? Drunks disgust me. That was a problem I had in college - almost everyone's main hobby was getting drunk. I didn't want to have anything to do with it.
I was always the sober one, I wasn't really a big drinker but wouldn't have minded having 1 or 2 occasionally. But as everyone else wanted to go out & get completely smashed, I was expected to the responsible one and make sure they were safe, not doing anything stupid etc. I don't talk to those people any more who consider that to be their fun, its ridiculous to get pissed & not remember shit the next day, like I don't see the point in it

mineralgloss

mineralgloss

Thank you, live and learn right :) That’s really nice of you to do. Watching drunk people when you're sober can be funny.

mineralgloss

mineralgloss

I only have a drink when I’m in a social situation and it would bring a lot of attention to me if I didn’t drink. Where I’m from, if you don’t drink at all people will keep asking you about it and ask what’s wrong with you or if you’re sick or pregnant and so on. I met a new friend once and I only had soft drinks that night, they would not leave me alone and just kept saying how strange it was that I didn’t want to drink. So I just left early

S

Shay94

Thank you, live and learn right :) That’s really nice of you to do. Watching drunk people when you're sober can be funny.
Yeah that's true. I never drank when if I was out with a group as they expected me to look after them but I occasionally would have 1 or 2 at home if I wasn't driving anywhere next day. Just don't see the point in getting completely smashed that you don't remember it next day