• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Gf wants to be alone and no longer in our relationship.

B

Bryce

Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I started to date 5 months ago. She expressed to me she deals with depression, anxiety, and ptsd. A couple of months ago I pushed her to start counseling in which she did. She also told me she's been told that she pushes people away and if it came to a point where she tried to push me away, not to allow her to do so because I'm the best thing that's came into her life. I know the last month has been rough. She's a single mother of two, picking up extra hours at work, and having to come home and still manage her household. And not to mention she doesn't have alot of family so with the holidays coming up she's extra anxious. I've always tried to help with any struggle she has in life, she allows me to help a little at times I can say. About a week ago she told me she wanted to be alone and she has never gave herself a time to heal. She texted me the next morning checking to see if I was ok and letting me know she loves me but she needs to be alone. In return I let her know that I love her and I am always here for here. I understand that she needs her space, which I'm giving her. I'm just having a hard time with her saying not to let her push me away. I'm not quite sure how I would go about that .

D

Dispatch

give her time but stay in touch

I

Intareseid

My man, you'll need to realize that clinical depression is a massive, massive burden that also leaks out to everyone that cares about the person.

So my advice is that you be there for her as much as you can/want but without ever allowing yourself to get burn out by the endless instability and mood swings because then, well, you burn out and will end up leaving her life entirely. It's a tale as old as time.

So be there for her, try to have patience, but if you ever start feeling really frustrated or annoyed by the situation then try to pull back a little, for both of your sake.