• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting Worried

R

Rider52

I've been struggling quite a bit and have been posting on here. I'm worried about possibly have more than just anxiety, depression, or stress. I've tried everything to feel myself again and my symptoms are persistent.

Every morning I have a lot of anxiety and I'm not sure where it's coming from. Usually I can work through it by now. My depressed feeling mood comes and goes. I feel like I'm emotionally numb at times and just don't feel much pleasure anymore. I have a hard time concentrating or focusing on things. I mentioned before about having audible hallucinations at night while sleeping. I'm concerned because they are pretty frequent at that time. My sleep isn't like it used to be. I can get some rest, but it's hard to get a good nights sleep. My dreams can be really vivid at times. Sometimes I feel like I'm more sensitive to sounds and lights.

I'm still able to keep up with my daily routine. I just have that feeling something's wrong. I'm not sure where to get help for this yet. I don't have good insurance and that might make it more of a challenge. I'll have to figure out a plan for help soon though.

A

Anna38

Hi, i have been feeling worse in the mornings, bit better by the evening but awful mornings. I feel this way when i go thro bad mood changes, something triggers me into stress and anxiety, im sorry to hear you are having a hard time sleeping, do you take sleeping meds? X

R

Rider52

Do you have a diagnosis? x
Hi Anna38,
I usually feel worse in the mornings too. When it comes towards the evening I feel better. I do have a lot going on that could cause stress. I have lorazepam for anxiety attacks as needed from my PCP. I even had a psychological assessment done a few months ago and it was just anxiety and stress. That was before the hallucinations falling asleep started though. Usually I can handle stress and that's why I'm getting concerned now.

A

Anna38

So sorry you are having this 😞 anxiety is awful its so draining. But you should really go back to your doctor and tell them about your hallusinations, it can take a while before a proper diagnosis and they can be wrong too. Do you have up periods too?

R

Rider52

So sorry you are having this 😞 anxiety is awful its so draining. But you should really go back to your doctor and tell them about your hallusinations, it can take a while before a proper diagnosis and they can be wrong too. Do you have up periods too?
I do have times where I feel a little better. Then other times it's not so great. I've tried everything on my own to feel better. Keeping busy with hobbies, chatting with friends, etc. I've tried all the online mental health tests for starts and it's not showing I have a serious problem. I don't have delusions, lack of insight, or anything like that. I'll have to figure out something for help soon. There's not a lot of places to go around here for mental help. Do you just have anxiety or something else?

A

Anna38

Its not easy when its like that 😞 i have bipolar x

A

Anna38

I hope it becomes easier for you soon, just take a day at the time and dont push yourself to feel well immediately, take the time you need 😊

R

Rider52

I hope it becomes easier for you soon, just take a day at the time and dont push yourself to feel well immediately, take the time you need 😊
Thanks, I will. I hope you things get easier for you too.

L

Lab rat

Being worried about getting more anxious and stressed is a stress in itself, kinda like the chicken and the egg. Distraction works best for me. If your fully invested in doing something, you’re not ruminating

I know what it’s like getting voices when you’re trying to sleep. I get it every night. The cure for me is to take an ambien, watch Netflix through earphones until I get double vision, take out the earphones and less than a minute I’m gone.

R

Rider52

Being worried about getting more anxious and stressed is a stress in itself, kinda like the chicken and the egg. Distraction works best for me. If your fully invested in doing something, you’re not ruminating

I know what it’s like getting voices when you’re trying to sleep. I get it every night. The cure for me is to take an ambien, watch Netflix through earphones until I get double vision, take out the earphones and less than a minute I’m gone.
Hi Lab rat,
Sometimes I don't feel as bad. Then other times I keep ruminating about everything. I'm always thinking of the worst case scenario. Keeping busy definitely helps and I rest when I can.