Getting worried

M

mikedrums

So I am currently without a job and got yet another rejection today. I still have a decent amount of money saved up, but my job search is just failing so badly. I've applied to so many places and had some interviews and phone interviews, but still nothing. It's really starting to get my worried. I really don't know what else I can do. My resume is pretty solid and I'm generally good on interviews, but apparently that still isn't enough.

J

Jules5

Keep getting your resume out there something will happen promise. I remember being out of work and applying for 20 jobs in one day and more there after. I landed a good job from my effort. so No fears you will be okay. Love and Hugs Jules

Z

ziedite

Oh man... I can totally relate. I have been looking for 9 months and like you have a solid CV. But I keep getting ghosted by companies who don't even have the common courtesy to let you know your application isn't going further. They just ignore you and not respond at all. At least you don't have Brexit to contend with. Sometimes I think its the universe conspiring against us, and other times I think the worst - i.e. I'm just rubbish and no one wants me.

Sorry, I know you wanted some supporting words, but since I'm going through the same shit as you, it's hard to be positive. But hang in there... that is what I tell myself.

M

mikedrums

Keep getting your resume out there something will happen promise. I remember being out of work and applying for 20 jobs in one day and more there after. I landed a good job from my effort. so No fears you will be okay. Love and Hugs Jules
Yeah I'm doing my best. I'm just trying to not apply to anything that is significantly lesser than my last job. Takes more patience and a little less applications, but they're all jobs I'd like to have at least. Hated my last job too so I'm trying to avoid that sort of thing. Idk it's tough.

Z

ziedite

I get it completely... people are probably telling you to apply for lower skilled roles just "to get on the ladder", but that can be so emotionally demoralising. It's a fine balance I think. And depending on whether you have "a network" that you can tap into, the application process can be excruciating. Networking as I see it is a necessary evil, and for those like me who hate it so much, but 50% of roles come through networks. So we really have no choice.

M

mikedrums

Oh man... I can totally relate. I have been looking for 9 months and like you have a solid CV. But I keep getting ghosted by companies who don't even have the common courtesy to let you know your application isn't going further. They just ignore you and not respond at all. At least you don't have Brexit to contend with. Sometimes I think its the universe conspiring against us, and other times I think the worst - i.e. I'm just rubbish and no one wants me.

Sorry, I know you wanted some supporting words, but since I'm going through the same shit as you, it's hard to be positive. But hang in there... that is what I tell myself.
Yeah I get plenty of those no response companies. I do get some that let you know it isn't going any further, but both are just as bad really. All it means is I'm still out of a job. I just don't know what else I can do to have more success. I think it's the world that's at fault. To quote one of my all time favorite characters Lelouch from my favorite series Code Geass "It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world." This world is pretty unforgiving a lot of times. Just gotta keep trying I guess and try to make it a better place as much as you can.

Z

ziedite

Some people keep telling me its the universe that is at fault... and not us.

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

They say to treat looking for a job like having a job. Try to do a 9-5 job hunt (with a morning break, lunch break and afternoon break.) Keep trying via agencies too. Best of luck. It can be so demoralising, but keep going. 😸

M

mikedrums

They say to treat looking for a job like having a job. Try to do a 9-5 job hunt (with a morning break, lunch break and afternoon break.) Keep trying via agencies too. Best of luck. It can be so demoralising, but keep going. 😸
Yeah I have a way of doing it, but I'm also being a little picky with the jobs I apply for because I don't want to end up like I was at my last job which I hated. Thank you. It definitely is demoralizing a lot of times, but I'm doing my best.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :)

Many people get rejected plenty of times - it's part of the matchmaking process! Keep getting your applications out there, and an employer will come calling. In the meantime, volunteering can help with CV building and interviews a lot x

Much love <3

M

mikedrums

Hey :)

Many people get rejected plenty of times - it's part of the matchmaking process! Keep getting your applications out there, and an employer will come calling. In the meantime, volunteering can help with CV building and interviews a lot x

Much love <3
Thank you. The rejection just gets old after a while though. I just need a job again. It was kinda nice being off at first, but now it's getting more concerning. Just hoping I find something soon.