Getting Weak

F

Frankie

I put this here because my friend alcohol can not help me anymore. Alcohol is a balloon we grab a hold of to carry us to another place. A place were our mistakes do not exist and the world can be as we want it.

It almost feels like a passage way is coming for me and I have no idea were it leads. Could be good, could be bad. The unknown is what it is. No excitement just dread.

Years of isolation and now this darkness and hopelessness. It is like standing on an island surrounded by boiling rapids. Give me another cigarette or another bowl of food to distract me. Wow!

Frankie

D

Dollit

Alcohol isn't your friend and never was. Just an impostor who took the place of everyone and everything.

Get yourself to an AA meeting - it worked for me and got me back on the right road. You don't have to stay there forever but it's a good place to start from. I know because I did it.

L

leanne

alcohol

hi frankie, im sorry to hear that your feeling so low, but they say that when your at you lowest things can only get better, don't give up on yourself, if you look deep enough inside yourself you will find the insperation you need to pick yourself up, it just takes time mate.
take care.

F

Frankie

Thanks leanne,

It is true that when you are at the bottom there is only one way to go. Mental health is a challenge when you are looking up. I am trapped here with a wife that does not speak. No transportation and no support. Homelessness seems so real after years of isolation.

Last night I dreamed I lived on Mars. It seemed so real. I worked at the airport there and it was raining. I spend too much time looking at space images I guess. NASA released this image this week. Looks so earthlike with the clouds rolling by. Can you image a world that has no one to see it. A lonely planet indeed.

Frankie

L

leanne

hi frankie, although i've never suffered from any real problems with alcohol i have suffered a myriad of mental problems, im sorry that you don't have the support of your wife, to live in a world that noone understands is hard, and sometimes the thought of been on another planet is nice, but we are here mate and as hard as it is we only have one life, i know is doesn't feel like it sometimes but there is so much we can get out of life and we all deserve to be happy, you need to just find something in your life that makes you feel content and maybe you just haven't found it yet.
take care frankie.