• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting there

W

Williamworry

Well this week I told several close friends of my pain and what was happening- see from my previous post this issue I had with my relationship. At first I was thinking it’s an ocd but I feel more a general anxiety.
My partner has been so good and so helpful and there all the way - and I can’t thank him enough for that .
I have also set up daily plan to help my mind - up some fitness I like to cycle and then home dogs out - shower - some meditation and start my day . I have other normal daily activities as well. Then some more meditation at night just 5/10 min. I also use “ rescue remedy “ spray and that helps and getting various essential oils in the hope they will claim me.
For me it’s self forgiveness I don’t know yet how to achieve that and that is my goal.
This morning on walking up I was a little worried and had a “ moment” but claimed my self and now going for my bike ride .

anyone has any other ideas and stuff please say , talking and sharing for me is one of the best helps .

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
This all sounds extremely positive, William. Good for you! :hug:

W

Williamworry

Thank you lunar , long way to go I think and I still have trouble with self forgiveness and need help with that . But will get there

OCDguy

OCDguy

I think there are videos on YouTube about that, which might give inspiration and ideas :)

W

Williamworry

my worry/issue was in the past several years ago now - I went on to some dating chat sites and was chatting to people ( sexual chat) and met several people but nothing happend sexually- I could not do it and felt sick and just bolted. I had carried this regret around for a long time and then told my partner who waS amazing about it all and had no issue with it at all - I said I was sorry it won’t and hasent happened again , he forgave me said he is very happy loves me loves what we have how we are and move on he’s not a problem. the moving on and all that seems to be my worry and I just can’t get past what I have done . I was always thinking about it and I did think I was getting ocd about it or had deep anxiety over it . But from reading and and watching various drs and people on like -personal experiences - I think it’s just excessive worry and regrets. Yes I know it’s all a very cose cousin to anxiety and ocds and many of their stress related things .

Self forgiveness is what I need to work on and that I find very hard . But I have made steps in a more healthier life , excise , herbal remedy’s , meditation. I don’t want to go on pills and things just yet as that can do as much damage as good . I want to work at my problem and become better .

Lizaje

Lizaje

So that was before you were together? If that's so, your worry is irrational. That's tiny. Haven't you done worse things in your life? If it's while you were together, your regret is understandable, but as he has forgiven you and it has been several years, your guilt would seem excessive. If it wasn't for all the other stuff that seem like ocd symptoms, I'd say you should talk about that maybe with a therapist or any similar professional you can get an appointment with.

Conclusion: I think you should go see a doctor, describe your symptoms, get treatment and talk about this issue during it

W

Williamworry

Yes it was since we were together and several years ago ( 6 years ago) so it is over reacting and that’s what I am dealing with .

I think my be i wanted him to be more angry rather that - yep ok nothing really happend - there was no affair - no sex - just “ intent” that never happend.

I feel regret over that and “ worry”