Getting out of hand

D

dlzoidberg

Thanks Angels and jo1760.

I made it to 4 days but the run is over. At least I've switched back to the leg with I see as being less serious than the arm, and it was shallow, unlike the past few weeks.

And more importantly, why couldn't Merlin get out of those chains, if he is so powerful?

D

dlzoidberg

Had DBT assessment. Have to wait about 3 weeks to find out if I'm offered it.

Mental health services favourite phrase must be 'Does that make sense?"

maxitab

maxitab

Hi dl. What about ice cubes.....ice will hurt if you apply it for just a little while but it will also melt before you manage to do too much damage (usually - I have damaged skin with applying it in the past) Is it pain that relieves or is it bleeding? Sorry, I don't mean to be prying but the alternatives are different depending on what you usually do. Also, give me a nod if I'm around and you want to post me privately - I can't help but I can listen.

I have used DBT to help me stop SH and it has helped enormusly. I now no longer SH. With much compassion.....maxitab.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Dl

Hope you get offered d.b.t - I have just started so do;t know everything there is to know - like do you ever anyway?? Try a cold shower that usually works for me.

KS

M

maudikie

Have you found out yet what gives you the urge to SH? I would suggest that you ask to see an occupational therapist. Perhaps if you had something to do with your hands, and to take your mind off the SH it would help. Ask your G.P. And please stop picking" it will only make the scars worse.

D

dlzoidberg

Hi dl. What about ice cubes
I need to do damage, as I need this to take my mind off the emotional distress or current crisis.

Have you found out yet what gives you the urge to SH?
Severe emotional distress and sometimes the voices.

I would suggest that you ask to see an occupational therapist.
I have already been assessed for DBT, which is the only thing I think may reduce my SH.

And please stop picking" it will only make the scars worse.
That's the idea, and it's expected behaviour from someone with a diagnoses of Borderline Personality Disorder.

maxitab

maxitab

I want to avoid sounding trite or lecturing in any way.............and I know that need to distract from the emotional pain.....not that I know what yours is like, but I know how intense my own was, and until DBT nothing else but SH 'worked' for me. I also know that I had convinced myself over time that this was the only thing that worked, and I raged when I was asked to give it up and replace it with stuff I thought was just plain ridiculous....snapping elastic bands was in my opinion the suggestion of a dolt! Replacing the SH with something 'less' was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make, yet, ultimately, I had to make it. To be entirely honest (not that I want to encourage you to SH, the opposite is true,) but I also know what making that decision brought up for me and I needed the DBT to help me in coping with that.
I hope you are able to do whatever keeps you safe............and I support you whatever you do in whatever way I can through sharing, but there is another way.......Many other ways, of coping and of easing that pain. I do hope you get the DBT, and I look forward to sharing and supporting as you engage with that, if that would be helpful.
With respect......

D

dlzoidberg

Thanks maxitab, I will let you know how it goes.

bulbie

bulbie

Keep your chi up mate, thinking of you. I really hope you get what you need.

D

dlzoidberg

Been turned down foe DBT. My anxiety is apparently 'too severe.'.

maxitab

maxitab

Oh s**t! Lots of blue air round me........this effing system! So what help are they going to give for the anxiety? I hardly know what to so I feel so pee'd off. Anyway enough of my emotions, how you doing with this? If I could do the bloody DBT online I would offer to...........

Hey, there's an idea?

D

dlzoidberg

I don't know what they are going to do about the anxiety. I have diazepam, but hardly take it as it just makes me feel worse. As to how I feel about it - empty. I was relying on it quite a bit on getting the therapy, as I wanted to meet people with a similar problem.

Thanks for the offer, but the group part of the therapy may be a bit of a problem.

S

stuart

Just like zoidberg, I self harm a lot when going through the Atos process. Have been placed in the support group twice in a row, it still makes me highly suicidal, but the self harm mostly keeps that at bay.:)