• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting out of a situation and obligation

L

La_Tubereuse

I feel trapped. I need to get out of an obligation as it triggers anxiety and severe PTSD, as it involves criticism, which is highly triggering to me. How can I escape the obligation? Telling about my PTSD and health in general is out of the question, those people are not my friends. How would you handle it, without engaging in fights etc, which could potentially do me more harm? Thank you!

JessisMe

JessisMe

I feel trapped. I need to get out of an obligation as it triggers anxiety and severe PTSD, as it involves criticism, which is highly triggering to me. How can I escape the obligation? Telling about my PTSD and health in general is out of the question, those people are not my friends. How would you handle it, without engaging in fights etc, which could potentially do me more harm? Thank you!
Could you say that you have a scheduling conflict?

L

La_Tubereuse

Hello JessisMe! I guess I can, I am not sure that they will believe me though. They can see the time I spend on social media, as I use it for my other work. This kinda makes it unbelievable if I say I don't have time. Thank you so much!