• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting on SSRI, using clonazepam in meantime...how will I know when Zoloft starts working??

G

Graciegoo

Hi- I am about 6 weeks into starting Zoloft. I started at 25mg and then upped to 50mg about 3 weeks ago...so only been on 50 for 3 weeks. I recently started using clonazepam .25mg 3Xday to control anxiety that was debilitating. I had been trying to be patient and wait for the Zoloft to kick in...but couldn’t stand it anymore. Luckily the clonazepam has helped quite a bit...still get anxiety and depression, but the anxiety isn’t consuming and verging on a panic attack constantly.
My question is—if I’m taking clonazepam regularly—how will I even be able to tell when/if the Zoloft starts to work??
Hopefully other people have had similar experiences. Anything would be appreciated!!

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

I’m on both diazepam (2mg 3 times a day or if needed) and clonazepam (1mg) ... they way over prescribe me as I’m stockpiling lol.

The SSRI will produce a different effect neurologically, and the other medication will still provide relaxation, more to the body than the mind.

1576928389384.png

G

Graciegoo

Thank you so much for your response. Are you on an SSRI too?