• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

getting my meds right...

G

gina kate

Hi All,

I im still having trouble sleeping, my meds are now 20mg olanzopene, and 20 mg of diazopam. The physchiatrist coming to see me at home today as they think i now need a mood stabiliser as im up and down like a yo yo. ive been miss diagnosed for nearly 10 yaers and have coped with the high and lows thinking it was normal. I now know its manic depression Bipolar 11 they wont give me any literature yet to read as i have so many other things to deal with at the mo.
Ive been told i got a long road ahead of me to get me well.. i guess this is a start.
Would love to talk to anyone who can offer any support. Many thanks guys. x

E

Elvis100

Hi you!

Hi, sorry to hear you are not feeling too good still. Don't give up hope!! It is going to be a really long road and lots of people on here are walking the same one from all the posts I have read. We can all support each other and give advice. Sleeping is such a big thing and if you still are not sleeping properly you must go back to the doctors straight away. My problem was I would always wait till crisis point (when i hadnt slept for days on end) before I would ask (not often!!)/ or other people would get help for me!!!! Its no fun when youve got to a point where nothing seems to make sense. Im lucky in that my doctor and the CMHT are brilliant and i couldnt have started the road to getting better without them. Stay positive. Ill write again soon.

E

Elvis100

PS..

Lithium has been wonderful for me as a mood stabilser. I hope that you get what you need so you start feeling better.