• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Getting my life back- tired of playing tough (no advice, just support)

frisas45

frisas45

Yep.

Some Korean- Americans say "Life is hard" to justify unhealthy demands from me. They say shit like:

1. Don't deal with stress. Let it push you further; push through the pain.
2. Work meticulously hard to survive.
3. Don't let mental health get in your way sucking up constant accusations. Own it. Even though they become abusive.
4. Stop having hope. Prepare for the worst.
5. If you're flinching from emotional pain, don't eat for days. No trauma from abuse is greater than weeks without food.
6. Respect the narcissists- they're the ones feeding your ass.
7. True forgiveness is sometimes more than turning the other cheek. You have to submit to your abuser.
8. Obey unconditionally. Not just from one person, but from multiple people.
9. Nothing matters. Only Results. Get it QUICKLY.
10. Get abused. A LOT. That makes you tough.

These are some of the bullshit principles they embrace to deal with life's hardships and to survive. South Korea is known for prospering from destitution, and we had to be hard on ourselves to survive. Since life's difficult for all of us, I felt like I have to embrace this to get by, despite this was ruining my mental health.

There were times when I surrendered
to this mindset, only to meet failure. So I'm a change my tune. 😎

I'm gonna be positive more. Relax more. Enjoy more. I know well that "no pain no gain". So I won't expect too much out of myself. I just go for what makes me joyful! :)

frisas45

frisas45

I posted a similiar thread years ago, and people freaked out. No longer will I be in that situation. I will never half-ass like that! ;)