• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Getting messed about

jax

jax

The home treatment discharged me on Tuesday as I was meant to start the day treatment services on Tuesday. When I arrived at the old day hospital - I was told that the guy in charge of day treatment services was not there and that they rang him and he said I did not have an appointment with him. SO I showed the card that this guy had written for me the week before. So the nurse I spoke with went off to ring him again. Next time the guy I was meant to see arrived but he had booked someone else into see him as well as me - so he had me see another nurse. That was pointless as this nurse said that I had to see the guy in charge to chose the groups I will be in.

So, today I arrived at 9.30 am to have my blood taken and to be there for my appointment with the guy in charge at 10.00. Sitting in the waiting room - out walks this guy I am meant to see with his brief case. I asked him if he was going out and he said yes. So I said, Hugh - you are meant to be seeing me at 10.00 am. I was so cross. I told him I was sick of being messed about. He told me he would ring me today. He did ring when I was out and didn't bother to ring my mobile. I rant back and left a message for him to call and I left my mobile number. He didn't ring.

I feel so depressed and don 't need to be messed about like this. I have decided to get up early in morning and ring both of my consultants secretaries to see if I can get an appointment with him soon. You see - I was meant to see my Pdoc today - but because I am with the day treatment - I am under a different pdoc. If I get an appointment soon with my own Pdoc - I am quitting day treatment. I can't be bothered with that crap.

A

AussieGirl

That's rubbish, where is the support there? God I can't believe this, it makes me wish that I could do something to fix these problems that people seem to be going through.

That's SO unfair of him to DEVALUE your time like that, for someone with a mental illness who is already so conscious of herself how can he even fathom that something like that is acceptable?

I hope you get your help that you need, I really do, that's so wrong and makes me mad.

S

skyblue

The home treatment discharged me on Tuesday as I was meant to start the day treatment services on Tuesday. When I arrived at the old day hospital - I was told that the guy in charge of day treatment services was not there and that they rang him and he said I did not have an appointment with him. SO I showed the card that this guy had written for me the week before. So the nurse I spoke with went off to ring him again. Next time the guy I was meant to see arrived but he had booked someone else into see him as well as me - so he had me see another nurse. That was pointless as this nurse said that I had to see the guy in charge to chose the groups I will be in.

So, today I arrived at 9.30 am to have my blood taken and to be there for my appointment with the guy in charge at 10.00. Sitting in the waiting room - out walks this guy I am meant to see with his brief case. I asked him if he was going out and he said yes. So I said, Hugh - you are meant to be seeing me at 10.00 am. I was so cross. I told him I was sick of being messed about. He told me he would ring me today. He did ring when I was out and didn't bother to ring my mobile. I rant back and left a message for him to call and I left my mobile number. He didn't ring.

I feel so depressed and don 't need to be messed about like this. I have decided to get up early in morning and ring both of my consultants secretaries to see if I can get an appointment with him soon. You see - I was meant to see my Pdoc today - but because I am with the day treatment - I am under a different pdoc. If I get an appointment soon with my own Pdoc - I am quitting day treatment. I can't be bothered with that crap.
They're bloody useless. Complain Jacqui, don't stand for this nonsense ! They're unorganised and by the sounds of it uncaring too. Make sure you're heard, and don't let them mess you around and get away with it. Letting down vulnerable people is NOT on !!

W

warriorprincess

This is so bad so sorry to hear of the bother you've had. It's all too familiar. what i don't get is that we're the ones who are supposed to be being cared for but I've had to organise so much stuff myslef - they just don't seem to appreciate the hard work it takes, or the worst things to ask. I was in a major low a couple of weeks ago, and the crisis care team kept asking me which psych i was gonna see. I mean like 5 times, about 3 different people all asked 'who are you seeing?' surely they are linked and if anyone should know it's them right?
They just seem to fill my life with trying to make me better but inadvertently making it a whole heap worse. But i know one day there must be a break. hope you feel that too. In my opinion i agree with you you should go to your own pdoc and follow that route, ha i've just had a call right then from my soon-to-be care co-ordinator who sounds so far quite good. i'm needing a second opinion at the mo so i can even start getting the right treatment. NH bloody S eh....
good luck and keep me posted as to how it all goes - if you return to your pdoc or follow on with the day care. sorry this started out as encouragement then i dawdled off a bit...