• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting back into work

M

mudslides

Hi, Ive basically not done anything in the past 6 years. Ive been signed off sick and just, not been able to do anything. But I am so sick of my family and friends going on about jobs, and sick of the way I live, that I want to change. I need to get a job. But Im not really even living in the world at the moment, I dont see anyone or go anywhere so its impossible to know where to start. I did manage an interview for an apprenticeship but took the open and honest approach regarding my health and they didnt give me the job. My cv is beyond bad, so any advice is appreciated. Ive tried volunteering but I cant ever seem to get beyond people not returning my phone calls OVER AND OVER and paperwork. thanks

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

If you feel ready to return to work an employment advisor at the job centre will be able to help. If you have a psychiatrist or social worker/CPN they should be able to put you in touch with employment schemes specifically designed for people with mental health problems. Also you could also contact Mind or the citizens advice.