• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting back at voices

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've started playing the same song over and over on youtube.

It's pissing the voices off! LOL!!!

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I've also play the same song over and over again a few times when they were really bugging me :LOL:

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've been playing it non stop since about 11 am. LOL

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

It can work wonders if it's a song you really like, haha 😂 I also would scribble with a pen at the same time. I remember one time I was doing it a voice kept saying "another one" "another one" so I kept playing the song and I thought it was pretty funny :LOL:

Funnyday

Funnyday

They have said that they are going to get back at me tonight when I try to sleep. FUCK YOU is what I say to them!

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Yep that's what you gotta tell them sometimes haha

EdEd

EdEd

Atleast you feel like you're getting back at them.. that's a nice change to read about.. usually they give you so many problems. Glad to see things are working your way.

Funnyday

Funnyday

Thanks that was a good rendition. I enjoyed it.

EdEd

EdEd

Thanks man , thought you might like it.

N

natalie

Hi Funnyday,

I was going to advise, that the best policy is to ignore, and listen to music as much as you can, not the same track over and over again though. Music in its many forms is powerful, emtional and calming, so you are on the right track on that front.

However, never a good idea, to listen in quotes and talk back to the voices, it is always adviseable to ignore, otherwise, and becareful about this please, you'll be worse off, than you really are.

Best regards.

wollie

wollie

Hi Funnyday,

I was going to advise, that the best policy is to ignore, and listen to music as much as you can, not the same track over and over again though. Music in its many forms is powerful, emtional and calming, so you are on the right track on that front.

However, never a good idea, to listen in quotes and talk back to the voices, it is always adviseable to ignore, otherwise, and becareful about this please, you'll be worse off, than you really are.

Best regards.
I try to ignore my voices and play 80s rock all the time even at night, but the Bs can be just so persistant.