• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

getting anxious over my last blood test

B

biggerdandy

ok so for a while, because of my depression, Ive been putting my lack of energy down to that.

I had a blood test this week and all my samples came back with some results that brought up some not so nice feelings of anxiety

1. White blood cells low
2. Vitamin B12 is high
3. Most of my other blood content like platelets and reds are all over the place (which would explain my sudden bruising fits Im having as well)

now, I dont want to sound paranoid but that and feverish/lathargy can be a sign of other things like liver problems or even leukemia.

I've got a follow up appointment, and I know that my liver probably isnt doing so well anyway these days due to a very bad drinking habit I fell into after a breakup. Im not sure what to do.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Was your blood test a full blood count?
If so, they would have tested your liver and they would have told you if there were any abnormalities.
I would still mention it though in your follow up appointment if it's something that's concerning you. I'm sure you can guess you'll probably be advised to try and lower the amount you're drinking, so maybe you could think before you go if it's something you want to do and what sort of support you think might help.

I'm not sure what meds you're on, but these can affect white blood cells, so there may be an innocent explanation.

I guess there's not a lot you can do really until you go back to the doctors for you follow up appointment.
My advice would be to try and put it out of your mind until the day you're due to see the doctor, because stress and worry is a major factor in making these things worse.

B

biggerdandy

I had to go in for an emergency appointment (bad news) but got feedback (good news)

basically for a while I've had issues with white blood cells, they drop low and I bleed/bruise very easily. I went in because they need to keep a check when it drops and thankfully they got back to me on the other stuff at the appointment.

Basically my B12 is really high, but they had a look at my liver as well (I wasnt given that information when they called me making it sound super serious) and despite my horrendous alcoholism problems I had in the last 18 months, my liver is somehow perfectly fine, so theres nothing to worry about there. I have to be careful dietry wise because funnily enough my B12 levels coincide [email protected] foggy headiness, lack of concentration, poor sleep, short attention spans and migraines.

I'm going to be assessing my diet and such, but I still have my follow up appointment

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh i'm glad you've been given a bit more information about what's been going on.
Yes, the liver is a resilient organ and i'm pleased that there's nothing to be too concerned about with that.

I hope that your mind has been put at rest and you're not feeling quite so anxious any more.

B

biggerdandy

Imran520 said:
It is not a big issue.
You're about a month late, and missing the point.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi biggerdandy

Did you have your follow up appointment? I hope everything is ok.

Sarah

B

biggerdandy

Yeah, I had the information from the emergency appointment I wrote about 4 weeks ago, basically my white bloods are low and dropped to borderline levels, but the B12 is high independant of any other problems. My liver is fine, but I had other symptoms indicating bigger problems. If I had other more serious things with the levels in my blood I'd be more seriously ill but it was basically my doctor making a big deal in case there was a serious problem.

Just got to keep a check on it for the next 12 months and see what happens

SarahD

SarahD

Well I am glad your doctor is on the ball and keeping an eye on you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Talina Wellbeing 4