• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Getting anxiety from hearing muffled voices when you're in another room

• Thread starter ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad
  • Start date
ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad

ThisIsOnlyABumpInTheRoad

Ok am sorry if that title didn't make sense but I'm not sure how to word this.

So say I'm in another room, my bedroom or bathroom or I dunno anywhere and maybe the door is closed. And I can hear people talking, like other people in the house or building having a conversation. But their voices are muffled slightly and I can't quite make out what they're saying but I can hear them talking.

That situation right there gives me so much hecking anxiety I can't stand it, I have listen to music in headphones at full blast to block it out. Or hum. Or sing. Or make noise around me so I can't hear it.

Otherwise, panic attack, high anxiety. Etc. Now if anyone else here gets this, please let me know what you do to cope with it, cause if I keep blasting my ears with music I might do some lasting damage and I don't want that.

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry this was such a long post ❤❤

G

Georgina

Ok am sorry if that title didn't make sense but I'm not sure how to word this.

So say I'm in another room, my bedroom or bathroom or I dunno anywhere and maybe the door is closed. And I can hear people talking, like other people in the house or building having a conversation. But their voices are muffled slightly and I can't quite make out what they're saying but I can hear them talking.

That situation right there gives me so much hecking anxiety I can't stand it, I have listen to music in headphones at full blast to block it out. Or hum. Or sing. Or make noise around me so I can't hear it.

Otherwise, panic attack, high anxiety. Etc. Now if anyone else here gets this, please let me know what you do to cope with it, cause if I keep blasting my ears with music I might do some lasting damage and I don't want that.

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry this was such a long post ❤❤
I had light noise and sound at first which I did not understand and now it’s voices 24 hours a day driving me up the walll

A

aisha23

when I was a child, my mother used to invite people round for christmas/ new year celebrations.

I'd shut mmyself in my room (because I wanted nothing to do with it), but used to get highky paronoyed when I heard them talking, even though the living room was at the other end of the house, it used to sound so close and I would struggle to even get up and get a drink!

I later developed a sort of survival kit if those situations happened.. make sure I have food, drink, access to a bathroom, all in my room so I didn't have to leave.