• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Getting a break

D

DELATEXT

Hi, been thinking about respite breaks and holidays, what do others think about this idea ??
what's your favourite place or break, know some people like adventure holidays, sun and sea or country side..
what makes you relax ??

:tea::tea:

Y

your_name_here

Sounds like a good idea. I like all sorts of breaks depending on my mood: nice to be somewhere sunny & just relax and read a good book or somewhere more isolated like in the mountains/forest where it's nice and peaceful and jsut full of nature. It's good if you like photography too.

D

DELATEXT

good

Hi, that sounds great, the photography part appeals, if you're lucky to see wild life.

(y)

Y

your_name_here

Hi,
Yeah I guess it depends where you go. I love taking photos especially somewhere where I'm alone, in the quiet. Nice to think I'm capturing a moment that nobody else is or ever will in that one second.

Where are you thinking of going? Or where can you go?

D

DELATEXT

barcelona

barcelona in august for a week love this city been there several times before, it's so rich and alive !
I like to hear about other folks favourite cities and places ??
I think a respite break is a great idea, to get away from everything for a while hopefully...

:tea:

pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Scotland!!!!

When we were first 'dating' I went with my BF for a mini break to Scotland and we stayed at the Isles of Glencoe and it was amazing visted Eilean Donan castle (in lots of films) and Oban sealife centre!
The scenary was amazing and just so peaceful!

D

DELATEXT

wow

wow ! glad you liked scotland , england is cool to lots of amazing places, lake district, yorkshire, london and manchester,
any thoughts on europe anyone ??

:tea:

S

skyblue

Unfortunately, I live in the fast lane - My life is so hectic, chaotic and non stop and I don't even work !!

Very relaxing holidays appeal to me, where there is nature or lovely beaches to relax by the sea.

Last year we all went to Kefalonia - It was beautiful, beautiful scenery, mountains and beaches.

This year, July 31st we're off to Lake Garda, I'm expecting peace and tranquility,.. I really cannot wait, I'm in desperate need of some relaxation.

I love photography too, I used to be a Photographer. Should be able to take some lovely photo's there in Lake Garda.

I've been to Barcelona, great place :)

A

Affective

Lol noooo, I'm not into footie i'm afraid.
lol
I was in and out of Art Galleries and photographing buildings like Sagrada Familia.
I once studied Art in secondary school. There was a Cathedral that was half made by a famous Architect/Artist, I just can't remember his name or of the Cathedral. :(

D

DELATEXT

yes

yes it's a great stadium even if you do not like football, although the Gaudi places are my favourite, he was a genius !

:welcome:

A

Affective

yes it's a great stadium even if you do not like football, although the Gaudi places are my favourite, he was a genius !

:welcome:
Gaudi! That's his name! :)

S

skyblue

Affective - Yes Antoni Gaudi, he was the architect of Sagrada Familia, the half cathedral I think you were trying to think of.

S

skyblue

Forgot to add, my fav city has got to be Venice :),.. says it all really.