Get your artwork posted in public sites in London

P

PoetryLover

Hi all,

I am new and wanted to share an opportunity with you which may be beneficial for your health and wellbeing if you enjoy writing, drawing and arty pursuits.

This is not a spam, although the title might sound like it, apologies- was unsure what to call it!

There is a competition that allows entrants to have their work displayed publicly in London. I'm using it as an opportunity to promote mental health and well-being issues on a public platform.
It's a really great feeling knowing my work is displayed publicly and that people may be reading my poems and getting something positive from them! If you don’t write poems, it's okay because photography, design, illustration, paintings are all accepted in the competition too.
You can visit the site by searching "London Loop Competition" on Google and it should be in the top 5 items of the search in order to register and enter your works in the competition for the chance to have them displayed. I'm hoping we can collectively raise the awareness of mental health issues in London for as long as the competition runs until the end of March.

I will be looking out for new entries and if I see any relating to mental health, I will be voting for them so they are in the running to be displayed on the public poster sites. Honestly, it doesn't take many votes for your work to get displayed- maybe 10 or so.

My two poems that have been displayed are:

Sometimes1
Sometimes I am enveloped by the dark,
And when I feel its quicksand pull,
I look to the night sky's treasure,
And my eyes find solace in the brightness of stars beyond measure.

poem1a.jpg
Please vote for my poem. As I cannot post link here, if you would like to enter the competition yourself or vote for my poem, you can search for it under 'London Loop Competition' and it will show up in the top 5 on a Google search

UNDER A STARLESS SKY
Under a starless sky
He folds into the ripples of darkness,
Looking for some place to unclench his teeth and his fists.
The roar of silence washes through his ear canal,
Evicting the voices in his head,
But the mill around in the blackness,
Groping for his earlobes to find their way back home.
Unable to see or hear himself,
He begins to relish this invisibility,
Relieved that for a few moments,
He is free from chaos
Under the wing of darkness

poem2a.jpg

You can vote for this poem by going to the competition site, but I can't post the link to it. You can search for it under 'London Loop Competition' and it will show up in the top 5 on a Google search

Best of luck! Lets get people thinking about mental health and wellbeing!
PoetryLover :)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 3