• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

gephyrophobia

M

madsheep

Hey peeps. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is afraid of bridges. big. small. Going over, going under. even just looking at them makes me physically cringe!
So anyone? or am i just weird? lol

emski

emski

Is this the name for it? Thank you for enlightening me.

I don't know whether its severe enough for me to be a fear/phobia, but I seriously do not like them. Stems from a young age when an uncle decided it would be a really positive experience for me to swing the rope bridge I was bravely crossing, over a massive, scary drop.

I don't like driving over bridges or walking over any type of bridge, even sturdy ones. I'm not too bad with going under them.

What are your experiences?

M

madsheep

I dont really know what started it all. For as long as I can remember I have just been completely petrified of bridges. Even the thought of going over a rope bridge sends tingles down my spine.
It nice to know that there is someone else out there with the fear, even if it is not as seemingly bad as me. Most people think I am strange and make fun of it. :s
o well

L

Lady Summer Isles

I'm not too bad, but one of my daughters hates them. The one in Weymouth is quite scary, opens up like Tower Bridge in London.

S

skel

friend who does

my friend is terrified to the effect of closing her eyes and screaming untill she is of it usually takes two of us to even consider crossing a bridge she has also had panic attaks and passed out on bridges before