Generalized anxiety Disorder

P

pink butterfly

I have Gad, and for the last 18 months Agoraphobia. I can not cope with this no longer, it is tough. no one really understands me. I obviously not go out, but some days are better and can go out like to busy supermarket but i am limited to what i can do this is like not often as i like. My days are bad i spend a lot of my days on computer all day in my bedroom. this has become a habit of mine, i have no hobbies no more, and i see no one daily in my life. And i struggle with depression too.

Other day i went out in my front garden to do some gardening, and i have always avoided gardening and got someone else to do it for me, as i have lot neighbours passing i had very bad panic attack, and after i had finished gardening i went inside and i was shaking i never had this before. Just the basic things in life hold me back. and i feel a prisoner in my home.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

Hi, firstly, I understand it, & secondly you're not alone in this, believe me when I say this will not last for the rest of your life.

I'm sorry that you write that you find it tough to cope, but with patience & effort you can get through it, you have to somehow find something that you really want in life & remind yourself that you can do that one day.

It can be a lonely experience, no-one really understands my struggles with anxiety, but think positive & positive things will happen to you. My anxiety is mostly down to getting injured & being in agony, but over the last few years I've being doing OK in the outside world, & what I was so worried about never happened.

P

pink butterfly

Thanks for your reply, yes its tough, I am having CBT in few weeks i hope it helps. I suppose l have to take small steps at time.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I never took CBT, but I really hope it helps you, what helped me the most was to realise that the outside world isn't so bad after all, it can be a nice world, & if you force yourself to face the outside, it can come good in the end, it just takes patience. Good luck.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi
Welcome to the forum
Hope the CBT helps,
Take care