• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

'Gaslighting'

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The phrase, "Gaslighting" is used when a person who has non-ordinary perceptions or experiences reports them to others, and some of those reported, because they did not share in the experience or percpetion, or simply do want to accept it as probable, assume that you have a mental illness and work in some form or fashion to get to get you sectioned.

I have experienced this for over two decades with members of my family and some so called friends in my life.
Intially, I naive, had no one that could relate to what I was perceiving or experiencing, so I too assumed I was sick. I took the drugs to the point of being dependent on them (couldn't sleep if I didn't take them, etc).

In 2010, I was forced off the medication I was taking and went through withdrawals that mirrored in someways the initial experiences and perceptions I had got on the drugs for. What I found, was not at all a disease process (unless you count what the drugs did to my body). I had to get back on the drugs to stop the withdrawal. There was and is for the most part still, no real help concerning getting these very powerful major traquilizers. No one has studied or really researched how to it with any these drugs. They bum rush on them and just like the guys on the corner in the hood for money, they maintain our chemical dependency.

Along the way for the past decade or so, I have chatted, emailed and met many people that have the same non-ordinary perceptions and experiences as I have had. In fact some the voices I have heard, others have heard in my presense. A good number of my experiences have shared and as perceptions that I had that were non-ordinary.

What we are dealing with are essentially 'meat heads' that really don't care about the truth or what outcome happens for others, as long as they get be pleasured and ego stroked and get what they want. The evidence of this fact with some people, is that they no fucking effort to really research or figure out what is going. I spent a decade dong just that. Asking questions, meeting people, talking, reading, watching, doing all they things that person that wants to know the truth, more than just wants pleasure, does to find out what is going on. I am not happy with 20 years of my life being robbed from me, not because of ignorance on the part of authority figures and loved ones in my life, but at the least stupidity and probably in some peoples case, for greedy diabolical reasons.

I have come the conclusion, that there are answers, there are reasons, its not "Whatever You Want Or Think". I would rather not sit with bunch of people who claim to here voices, but most of their talk is about what gender they have decided to sport in the world. Grown men and women with male or female genitles, that will sit around for an hour online talking about fucking pronouns instead of really getting down the brass tacks regarding what the voice phenomena really is and what really can be done about it.

C

celticlass

I wish I understood what you are saying but I am sorry I just don't.

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That is a classic gas lighting technique. Anybody else want to offer other types of 'gaslighting' techniques and responses?

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
See, HVN in the USA, especially on the East Coast, has co-opted by liberals in massachusetts and their agenda is the Alphabet Soup Agenda. Any discussion about what voices really are is met with "Oh, ya know everybody has a different take on it" or "I don't know what your talking about... I just don't understand".

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Here is an example of the very first voice I heard. I shared this story in a HVN USA room and was met with fucking crickets:

"All the throughout the late ninties I had growing sense of dread. Nothing I could really pin down and put finger on and declare. I mostly kept silent about what I was feeling was coming our way. I was confused with religion in some ways, also with the forms of agnosticism and atheism I had encountered that really address what I perceiving, thought at that time it had not manifested. I knew if I told people, they would demand proof, which I could produce lab results for or a myriad of studies."

"On the evening of September 10, 2001 I went to bed and fell asleep. During that sleep I had a dream of two brothers wrestling in a Desert Location I had Seen Many Times In My Dreams. The brothers wrestled violently. Eventually, a voice Started Yelling 'EMERGENCY' over and over again. I woke up and the voice was feet from my head and still yelling the same thing. That was the first disembodied voice I ever heard in my life."

"I rushed around looking for its source and could find none. Eventually, I decided based the yelling of 'Emergency" to to turn on CNN. I tuned in, just in time, to see a plane hit the world trade center."

D

ddjaz0

Making everything about sex. Repeating what people say back to them. Mocking. Sarcasm. Lying. “Trust balloon”… it talks until you accept it then insults you. Exaggerating . Generalizing.
talking about voices with people can be generally non - productive, especially if you’re looking for validation from other people.

Z

Zuiese

Taking a break
The phrase, "Gaslighting" is used when a person who has non-ordinary perceptions or experiences reports them to others, and some of those reported, because they did not share in the experience or percpetion, or simply do want to accept it as probable, assume that you have a mental illness and work in some form or fashion to get to get you sectioned.

I have experienced this for over two decades with members of my family and some so called friends in my life.
Intially, I naive, had no one that could relate to what I was perceiving or experiencing, so I too assumed I was sick. I took the drugs to the point of being dependent on them (couldn't sleep if I didn't take them, etc).

In 2010, I was forced off the medication I was taking and went through withdrawals that mirrored in someways the initial experiences and perceptions I had got on the drugs for. What I found, was not at all a disease process (unless you count what the drugs did to my body). I had to get back on the drugs to stop the withdrawal. There was and is for the most part still, no real help concerning getting these very powerful major traquilizers. No one has studied or really researched how to it with any these drugs. They bum rush on them and just like the guys on the corner in the hood for money, they maintain our chemical dependency.

Along the way for the past decade or so, I have chatted, emailed and met many people that have the same non-ordinary perceptions and experiences as I have had. In fact some the voices I have heard, others have heard in my presense. A good number of my experiences have shared and as perceptions that I had that were non-ordinary.

What we are dealing with are essentially 'meat heads' that really don't care about the truth or what outcome happens for others, as long as they get be pleasured and ego stroked and get what they want. The evidence of this fact with some people, is that they no fucking effort to really research or figure out what is going. I spent a decade dong just that. Asking questions, meeting people, talking, reading, watching, doing all they things that person that wants to know the truth, more than just wants pleasure, does to find out what is going on. I am not happy with 20 years of my life being robbed from me, not because of ignorance on the part of authority figures and loved ones in my life, but at the least stupidity and probably in some peoples case, for greedy diabolical reasons.

I have come the conclusion, that there are answers, there are reasons, its not "Whatever You Want Or Think". I would rather not sit with bunch of people who claim to here voices, but most of their talk is about what gender they have decided to sport in the world. Grown men and women with male or female genitles, that will sit around for an hour online talking about fucking pronouns instead of really getting down the brass tacks regarding what the voice phenomena really is and what really can be done about it.
Brilliantly view points, I bet you got banned for posting this one.