Gaining weight while taking lithium.

Lynds1990

Lynds1990

I'm paranoid about weight gain, and it seems that I have gained about 5-7 pounds. I haven't been drinking water as much as I should, so I know that could be a factor. I also don't eat a whole lot throughout the day and don't get the full calories I should be consuming. I have recently begun the transition to full vegan as well. I'm 100% vegetarian at the moment and slowly working my way to vegan.

Are there any tips anyone has used that actually work to keep weight off with lithium? Will drinking water more frequently help to combat it?

N

natalie

Hi,

I do not take Lithium, however, via my branded of medication, going back to 2007, or even earlier slightly, I knew that if i was to keep weight or excess weight off, with my med brand, the answer was to workout, in fitness such as low tradtional aerobics, salscise, low impact, and modern contemporary dance aerobics, and also attending zumba and zumba gold classes.

I originally was a clothes size 18, and I have been reduced to clothes size 16. My initial aim, is to get to size 14, if I can manage it. So I think the key is regular excercising, and I think if you are able to, or in a position to, regular exercising could very much help you out to loose weight whilst taking Lithium.

I wish you well, could you consider playing a sport, or working out regular such as dance fitness, or zumba fitness classes, however, if you haven't done zumba before, aim for zumba gold level of classes, near you.

Also, although I don't as much either, I think water could curb the weight problem, too.

honeybadger

honeybadger

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A vicious cycle with no end until meds are avoided. Good luck with that. Just be fat and be proud. Some solution....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BetaMale Bipolar Forum 16
BetaMale Bipolar Forum 5
K Bipolar Forum 9
P Bipolar Forum 4