• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Gained weight and I'm panicking

Worshipper

Worshipper

As the title said, I feel awful, after some parties here at home and family gatherings, I couldn't keep myself from eating lots of foods. And quarantine fucked me up really bad, I eat more than ever before, a lot of the times I just eat out of boredom and it has driven me to purge my food, which means I relapsed, not good.
I weighed myself today and I can't believe the number on the scale is higher than ever before, I feel fat and disgusting, I'm this close 👌 to purge again, I don't wanna do it, I really don't, I don't wanna be like this anymore, I was doing so good, maintaining my weight, maybe I wasn't the happiest in my weight, but I was in a good healthy weight, and now seeing the amount I gained it driving me crazy and I'm scare I will keep getting higher.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

As the title said, I feel awful, after some parties here at home and family gatherings, I couldn't keep myself from eating lots of foods. And quarantine fucked me up really bad, I eat more than ever before, a lot of the times I just eat out of boredom and it has driven me to purge my food, which means I relapsed, not good.
I weighed myself today and I can't believe the number on the scale is higher than ever before, I feel fat and disgusting, I'm this close 👌 to purge again, I don't wanna do it, I really don't, I don't wanna be like this anymore, I was doing so good, maintaining my weight, maybe I wasn't the happiest in my weight, but I was in a good healthy weight, and now seeing the amount I gained it driving me crazy and I'm scare I will keep getting higher.
I'm really sorry you are feeling like this, I might not be the best at words with this topic but I will let you know that you do not deserve to hurt yourself just to feel beautiful, you already are regardless. I know the past few months I've been struggling with weight too and I just try to remind myself that as well.

I know someone else will come on with better words for this topic but I am here to listen to you.

Worshipper

Worshipper

Thank you! and I'm sorry to hear you deal with this as well, it's awful, I don't wish it upon anyone.
Sadly did the thing, it's was hard to resist the urge when I felt so full and bloated.
I do think everyone is beautiful and everyone's body is perfect in their own way, I wish I could think the same about my own body.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Worshipper, please tell your doctor you are purging. It is very dangerous and you need support to stop doing that. I know how hard it is to accept you have disordered eating but it is vital to get support for it.

Faith198

Faith198

I’m so sorry you’re having such a difficult time. I don’t purge or anything but I worry about going that route sometimes. If there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s that there’s times in your life where you will gain a bit of weight. For example, I’ve been sick recently and haven’t been able to exercise or eat the healthiest. I gained a pound, a lot of people like to say a pound is nothing. Realistically it isn’t but it still has messed me up quite a bit the last few days. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You can always lose that weight and do so in a healthy way. Some of the weight you gained could be water retention from carbs or salt. Don’t rely on the scale so much either (like I should be talking lol) but weight fluctuates throughout the week. Please get the help you need. It’s ok to enjoy food and life. Do not guilt yourself for this. Sending hugs your way 🦋

R

Rebeca1

I purged for about a year then when I stopped I put on five stone and can't get the weight off. I believe that I have metabolic damage. I wish I hadn't of done it, be careful you don't want to end up been fat and unhealthy like me, I wasn't that fat before I started.
A vegan diet can help with weight loss and you don't have to starve yourself but you must take vitamins B12.
I used to watch freelee the banana girl on utube its a bit late for me the damage is done.
All the best.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

Thank you! and I'm sorry to hear you deal with this as well, it's awful, I don't wish it upon anyone.
Sadly did the thing, it's was hard to resist the urge when I felt so full and bloated.
I do think everyone is beautiful and everyone's body is perfect in their own way, I wish I could think the same about my own body.
It's harder to see yourself the way you can for others. I often feel less sad for myself then I do for others in the same situation for more and itd harder to love me

I just try to think of the postive things about myself and focus on them.

Again I am really sorry you are feeling so down. Struggling with weight is a hard thing.