GAD: the last of battles in my battle against depression

H

habefun

It all goes back to me moving thousands of miles away for college, having a tough time and not being diagnosed of serotonin deficiency and ADHD which I now realize I had since grade 7.

I resorted to weed, it would settle my attention deficit mind and let me focus and stay sociable.

After having abused marijuana for 5 years & taking psychiatric medicines in parallel (SSRI and Atomexitine), I quit weed last December.

My BP medication has now been discontinued, I am tapering off my SSRIs now and I am on a mere 10mg Adderal.

Trouble is, I have stupid anxiety issues, I still avoid leaving my house unless its going to the office, I dread driving or taking my dog to the vet.

I do have mood swings at times, and ofcourse tapering off ssris was never pleasant.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

yes anxiety is all consuming. recreational drugs can trigger latent mh issues. it certainly didnt help me. but my life was already a write off even before that.

H

habefun

I went back to my shrink and he wrote me off with flupentixol at a minimal dose of 25mg. Things looked promising and in a week I felt like it was rebirth but then things got ugly. My ADHD got so extreme I could not sit and have lunch on a table with my wife, while she was going on blabbering, I was fighting this urge to get up and start running (my adhd was alway without hyperactivity though but i am speculating this happened due to sudden nullification of methylphenidate) loss of libido and extreme tiredness followed.

I was switched to levosupride then, amazing, even better, my libido got revived and my anxiety was totally gone, I was a new person again but then a few days ago that fatigue came back. I have stopped taking the med now and waiting for this fatigue to shake off.

Anti psychotics do make you fatigued i guess since they hamper dopamine activity.

How am I going to deal with my anxiety :( :( :( :(

H

handheart

Well i think the consumtion of weed contribute also to your level of anxiety ,i now you quit but toxins remain also much time in blood after you quit weed .A detox of your body i think it could help you

H

habefun

I have been 6 months clean. I exercise daily, take multivitamins and fish oil, dry fruits and fresh fruits and a lot of salad with every meal. Anything else I should be doing ?