• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

GAD Sufferer

P

ProudWife2018

Hello everyone,
I'm 31yrs old and I have been suffering with GAD for 4 yrs now. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me dealing with my Anxiety, because as you all know it's a scary thing to be going through. Like your losing your mind. However, I was never alone going through it. My amazing and wonderful husband has supported me and helped me through it all and loved me enough to say " baby, we need to get you help" because in all honesty even though I was scared to go seek help, I knew I needed it. It was always about finding the right doctor that will help you. My husband was in all our doctor meetings with me holding my hand and telling me it's going to be ok and not to be afraid, along with diagnosing me with GAD the doctor also diagnosed me with depression. Finally in 2019 I found a very nice doctor when we lived in Ohio and now continues to work with us virtually though Tennessee. My husband never stopped searching for the right doctor that would help me and I would be comfortable getting help from. Now for the past 2 years I have been on Gabapentinen and just recently was put on zoloft as well and have been making wonderful progress doesn't mean I still don't hace my episodes but since the medication been making great progress with controlling, accepting and understanding it. So even though it seems tough right now because I can relate to some of you, it's emotional and feel like your losing your mind. There is a light at the end of the tunnel because, believe me! I wouldnt have been able to make this progress if it wasn't for the love and support of my husband.

Sunnyz

Sunnyz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's very good to hear. I recovered from General Anxiety for about a year, but it then returned in 2020. As important as it is for us to have at least one person by our side that supports us, many may fall short of having anyone.

Good news, alone or not--it can still be overcome! I'd suggest doing as much research as one can on the topic--you never know what newfound information you can come across like I did a year and a half ago.

MoonShapedPool

MoonShapedPool

Hey just joined 👋
I have GAD & I am already so happy I found
this place!
It can go away?Without meds?
I thought I was stuck with it forever 🙄
Oh I will do some reasearch,Glad I found this post Thanks!

P

ProudWife2018

Hey just joined 👋
I have GAD & I am already so happy I found
this place!
It can go away?Without meds?
I thought I was stuck with it forever 🙄
Oh I will do some reasearch,Glad I found this post Thanks!
Meds helped me regain control, it just depends on the person. I still have episodes from it but definitely not as extreme as it use to be since I found the right doctor to help me and the right medication.

MoonShapedPool

MoonShapedPool

Ahh ok thanks!
I am on day 8 of taking herbal Black Cohosh
& it`s brilliant! 👌
Thanks for the reply 😊

S

skan3915

ProudWife2018 -- Your post brought tears to my eyes.
I dealt with and recovered from GAD (nearly 10 years now).
Your attitude is wonderful, as is your understanding of the disorder.
Please keep preaching hope and the concept of acceptance to sufferers.
That's the main reason I joined this forum.

P

ProudWife2018

ProudWife2018 -- Your post brought tears to my eyes.
I dealt with and recovered from GAD (nearly 10 years now).
Your attitude is wonderful, as is your understanding of the disorder.
Please keep preaching hope and the concept of acceptance to sufferers.
That's the main reason I joined this forum.
Thank you so much !

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I have GAD and I take Klonopin 0.5mg twice a day--when I wake up and when I go to bed. I have such bad insomnia. It can take me three hours to fall asleep. My mind is racing (but not as in mania). So I increase my dosage at nighttime to help me fall asleep. Sometimes I can go up to 2mg or 2.5mg of Klonopin at nighttime. My pdoc says that I should take melatonin at bedtime instead, but that doesn't help. I don't know why he doesn't prescribe me something for my insomnia. On a side note, he did mention to me that taking too much Klonopin can actually make my depression worse. I need something for my insomnia!