• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

GAD, Health Anxiety & depression

J

Julie41

I have a long history of anxiety & low self esteem for most of my adult life on & off
I’m on meds & had CBT
14 months ago after the death of a family member l became broken completely- thought l would never recover - my meds were increased & I had CBT by telephone calls - it took a few months but gradually l started to have a few better days - never have a complete week without any anxiety or low moods but it did improve
I’m scared that I’m going back to the way l was - it’s been very lonely living with mental illness & this pandemic - I have a husband but he works long hours & we probably only have 3 hours Max together each day
I feel isolated and so alone - when I’m relatively ok I do walk my dog & get the groceries & cook & clean but I feel I’m just existing in this life
Our son moved away 3 years ago and now has a fiancé & baby of 10 months
I find it so hard without him and we have only seen our grandson twice 😢
Our son has changed so much in 3 years - being with different people I suppose
He is aware of how ill I’ve been and how hard daily life is and dropped the bombshell a week ago that he is getting married in Cyprus 2022
He knows full well l cannot get on a plane the worrying has now taken over my life & is making me ill again
I’ve cried all afternoon & im terrified
We have said he has our blessing but he has put so much pressure on me now by saying he won’t get married without us
I cannot stand the strain & worry & overthinking - I’m sure this stress will kill me
I don’t know which way to turn as no one understands
They just think l can snap my fingers & my anxiety will be gone

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I have a long history of anxiety & low self esteem for most of my adult life on & off
I’m on meds & had CBT
14 months ago after the death of a family member l became broken completely- thought l would never recover - my meds were increased & I had CBT by telephone calls - it took a few months but gradually l started to have a few better days - never have a complete week without any anxiety or low moods but it did improve
I’m scared that I’m going back to the way l was - it’s been very lonely living with mental illness & this pandemic - I have a husband but he works long hours & we probably only have 3 hours Max together each day
I feel isolated and so alone - when I’m relatively ok I do walk my dog & get the groceries & cook & clean but I feel I’m just existing in this life
Our son moved away 3 years ago and now has a fiancé & baby of 10 months
I find it so hard without him and we have only seen our grandson twice 😢
Our son has changed so much in 3 years - being with different people I suppose
He is aware of how ill I’ve been and how hard daily life is and dropped the bombshell a week ago that he is getting married in Cyprus 2022
He knows full well l cannot get on a plane the worrying has now taken over my life & is making me ill again
I’ve cried all afternoon & im terrified
We have said he has our blessing but he has put so much pressure on me now by saying he won’t get married without us
I cannot stand the strain & worry & overthinking - I’m sure this stress will kill me
I don’t know which way to turn as no one understands
They just think l can snap my fingers & my anxiety will be gone
These are difficult times for folks with anxiety conditions, Julie41. This pandemic has multiplied stress by factor of 3 or 4 over normal times.

Many of us are feeling we are just 'existing in this life'. I was talking about it with my wife today, told her we're just focusing on what I need to do tomorrow let alone in the future.

I hope you find peace in your life soon.

Incidentally, I used to vacation on Cyprus back in the days when I was younger. It's a nice place, very restful. I hope you and your husband can join your son there in 2022.

zula77

zula77

Your son getting married is great news, you've got plenty of time to work up to be able to get on the plane and you and your family would be so proud if you manage it. Try talking more about your mental health with your husband so he understands and can comfort you when you are struggling. And the pandemic is easing, things will get better in that sense. Hope you're doing okay

Jolly

Jolly

My daughter emigrated to Australia knowing I would not be to get on a plane. That was 11 years ago. My GAD I have hid from my children but she knew I could not do it. I have not been. Please try not to miss out on life as I have. I am in therapy in after years of suffering in silence. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.