• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

future relations

H

HodakaYN

looking ahead to the future, id be happy with or without a partner. i guess im indifferent to having a partner and having children for now. if i had kids, i'd do my best to raise them well and be a good parent, and that would keep me satisfied. if i had a partner, i'd do my best to be a good partner and understand them, and that would keep me satisfied. and if i had neither, then i'd do my best to be a good person and achieve my own goals, and that would keep me satisfied. i think sometimes i scare myself into anxiety worrying about these different scenarios because of my family, but truth is, i'd be happy with any scenario. i wouldnt be happy if i was in a relationship that was rushed under pressure and created problems, and likewise with kids. maybe im naive and dont appreciate how amazing having a partner is in your life, but to be honest im really happy with my life. maybe id like companionship, but if this came from close friends then that works too. though i know that people have their own lives so maybe relying on friends for this doesnt work as people want to setup their own families. so guess this answers why a relationship would be a good idea - having a long term partner that would be my companion throughout life, come what may!

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

looking ahead to the future, id be happy with or without a partner. i guess im indifferent to having a partner and having children for now. if i had kids, i'd do my best to raise them well and be a good parent, and that would keep me satisfied. if i had a partner, i'd do my best to be a good partner and understand them, and that would keep me satisfied. and if i had neither, then i'd do my best to be a good person and achieve my own goals, and that would keep me satisfied. i think sometimes i scare myself into anxiety worrying about these different scenarios because of my family, but truth is, i'd be happy with any scenario. i wouldnt be happy if i was in a relationship that was rushed under pressure and created problems, and likewise with kids. maybe im naive and dont appreciate how amazing having a partner is in your life, but to be honest im really happy with my life. maybe id like companionship, but if this came from close friends then that works too. though i know that people have their own lives so maybe relying on friends for this doesnt work as people want to setup their own families. so guess this answers why a relationship would be a good idea - having a long term partner that would be my companion throughout life, come what may!
i hope you find what your looking for. Its hard to be alone after a while