• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

funeral tomorrow

Zentangle

Zentangle

Hi I just want to no I've got some support because I am going to need it after my uncles funeral. Its on the 9th which is Friday. I can't talk to my partner about how I feel. And no family either. Just my gran but she will be too upset. I'm dreading it. Plus my mental health team won't give me anything to help me cope. I've got to make a speech too which is upsetting. Just wish it wasn't happening but then again ino I have to let him rest now. I've only been to one funeral years ago so not sure how I will be. But I want to stay strong x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

So sorry for your loss and that you feel as though you're going through this with no support. Is your partner going to the funeral with you? Surely he will understand that you need extra support at a time like this and will be there for you.

Post as and when you can tomorrow. I might not be on until later but I'm sure that there will be many here with support for you if you need it. Funerals are obviously never pleasant to attend but I hope all goes well. :hug1:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry for your loss too.
As painful as your emotions are at the moment, I do understand why your doctors aren't giving you anything to cope because grief itself isn't an illness. It's a natural, albeit unpleasant, process that you'll have to go through.

Hopefully members of this forum can be here for you as and when you need it tomorrow.
I don't always make it online until the afternoon.

Really wishing you the best for tomorrow.
Please don't fret too much about your speaking. Nobody is going to expect a West-End performance. I'm hoping that you can get some consolation tomorrow.
Sending hugs your way anyway. :hug1: