• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Full blown; my bi-polar family and me

F

fleaaaaaa

Is the title of a book I'm currently reading, a biography by a man named David Lovelace and it's excellent. Very funny and sad at times too as you read about the phases different family members are going through. Just find it helps me to read about someone I can relate to and I thought it would help other people on this forum. Got it from my library but I saw them selling it in waterstones too just thought I'd let people know about this book. :)

F

familycrisis

I found a good book too

I have been reading "My Skye was Three Feet High", it really pulls on your heart strings.

I think that it helps to read stories about peoples struggles with mental illness, both fiction and non-fiction. Both usually have truth written in them.

I think it is important to have insight into peoples struggles it helps us to be more understanding and forgiving.

However, my favorite saying has always been, those are good reasons, but no excuse. We are still responsible for ourselves.