fucked things up a bit

M

Miss Moody

was a bit upset by something my dad said, he was stating that he was angry because a certain person lied whilst having an affair it was out of order that this person had had lied to family when they were having an affair. It was so hypocritical because my dad lied to us all for years when he had his affair in the past, and destroyed our family, so I put a comment on fb.I didnt say anything at the time but felt that strongly thought Id get it out there.

well oh dear....I usually keep my mouth shut, but this annoyed me so much I went ahead and did it, my dad doesnt have fb but he found out from someone else, oh shit.

But some things are better said than not right?? someone help

Last edited:
razza

razza

Hugs.

Maybe just try and let things with your dad cool off and see where they stand?
It sounds like it's understandably a sensitive subject which triggered a lot of feelings for you so maybe there are still some things going on that some counselling or therapy or just venting here can help you to work through...

I often say things I dont regret saying but I regret the way it was said or the result it had :(. An apology (even if in your mind you are only apologising for getting caught or for how you said it not what you said) may help smooth things over if you feel you need to apologise - I don't know all the circumstances so it's not for me to say if you should or not.

I have "lists" on fb with the default "friends excluding limited profile" so my family and friends of family cannot see my posts (theyve all been placed on limited profile). I've also got a "in the know" list for posts I want to make but only trust to a limited few.

Maybe this is something you can try so you can vent on fb without the fear and guilt?

xx

Last edited:
B

baby_dolly_face

sweetie...to be honest (and this is only my opinion obv) if your dad gets upset, then thats obviously because he feels he has something to get upset about.....a guilty conscience? If he hasn't done anything then he wouldn't be getting so upset about it...I don't think.
Ive been through all the same sorts of things with my mum....if it is something that you would say to his face because you believe it to be true then I think you can rest easy....
I hope things work out for you anyway hun
xx

M

Miss Moody

thanks both for your posts, I will definately look into that razza re.fb.

I put the msg up not expecting him to see, and then he put 'i saw your comment do we need to talk' I didnt get back to him, I thought I would let the dust settle for a bit. TBH what the hell, I would have said it to his face had I not been so shocked. Im going to find it difficult to speak to him next tho which will be awkward and I dont know what his reaction will be. He can be violent and sometimes Im scared of my Dad TBH.

My Dad does get upset about things and its turns to anger. I guess hes angry with himself for doing it, in his experience I dont think he would have the affair again. The affair turned out to be with someone in our family and it was carrying on for a year and lied to everyone, in the end it destroyed our family, tore people apart and it turned out a huge mess and in the end me and my brother had to pay the price.Long story shouldnt go into it I guess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LadyDomino Bipolar Forum 6
C Bipolar Forum 1