• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

frustrated

W

wai.lee65

not realy sure were to begin as ive never dne anything like this before.
im not realy sure whats the matter with me, but i think ive been like this for many years, ive been good at sweeping things under the rug, i never realy been happy for a long time, there are many reasons behind my story, from stuggling with dyslexia/ ADD /Skin problems/back problems but ive managed to keep things in the bottle, but its like some one has opened the bottle and ive lossed the top, and now all my problems are like a bath with a plug in has been left running for years, if thats makes sence every day it seems to be getting worse, its now to a point were every day i wake up and ask whats the point,
i hate myself and the lifei have and cant see beyond that, i have been to counciling, things got a little better the doctor has no refered me to a shink but may have to wait 8 weeks, ive been on anti depressents with no effect
. maybe this is my life , i guess we all have a path and this is mine, but if so i realy dont wont to live, whats the point, im 43 now have nothin to show
for my life, no friends, no job they never last long when i get them.

may be im the definition of a losser:cry:

S

Sammisal

Hey, Welcome, I guess. I'm new here too, so I feel a bit weird welcoming another new person. :)

It's good that you've been to see professionals about this, and I hope the psychiatrist has something useful to do to help you! Depression is an illness; it isn't your fault and you're absolutely not a loser. I think I know what you mean when you say that (obviously not exactly - I don't want to say we have the same problems, because we don't, I'm sure), but I kind of feel like I don't remember who I am a lot of the time. I've become a person who is pretty much entirely defined by my depression.

Anyway, really hope you get some help, and keep in touch here.

Sam

W

wai.lee65

Hey, Welcome, I guess. I'm new here too, so I feel a bit weird welcoming another new person. :)

It's good that you've been to see professionals about this, and I hope the psychiatrist has something useful to do to help you! Depression is an illness; it isn't your fault and you're absolutely not a loser. I think I know what you mean when you say that (obviously not exactly - I don't want to say we have the same problems, because we don't, I'm sure), but I kind of feel like I don't remember who I am a lot of the time. I've become a person who is pretty much entirely defined by my depression.

Anyway, really hope you get some help, and keep in touch here.

Sam
Thanks 4 the reply, im not sure who i am either most days ive spent days
trying to think of a new name and move were no one knows me in the
hope i can create a happier life,
as i have no friends i can only think there must be wrong with who i
am, i still have the same problems but in a small way i think, ive
moved to a better place but i feel very alone so i soldier on hoping
things will get better, all i want in life is to be happy

:unsure:WL

P

purplelady

thanks 4 the reply, im not sure who i am either most days ive spent days
trying to think of a new name and move were no one knows me in the
hope i can create a happier life,
as i have no friends i can only think there must be wrong with who i
am, i still have the same problems but in a small way i think, ive
moved to a better place but i feel very alone so i soldier on hoping
things will get better, all i want in life is to be happy

:unsure:wl
hi am new here myself but know where you are coming from i would love to leave this place and move away but i have 12 yr old to think off he has his dad and his siters and his mates here how can i take him a way from that but i do need a fresh start just not sure how to go about it just now