• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Frustrated with my diagnosis

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

Feeling beeter already, thanks.

What do you mean by doctors you got through work?
My work sent me to see the occupational health person. I found them more helpful than the ones I was seeing.
Sorry, I thought when you said psychotherapist it was a one arranged through work. My bad.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

No you're not. I'm not sure what you mean. A psychotherapist could be very helpful for you.

D

dancerpainter

In BPD / EUPD you experience quick changing moods often as a result of something or someone. This is why people term it emotional unstable PD.

Most people with this diagnosis have experienced some kind of trauma often in childhood.

You don't experience hypomania or mania with either of the above.

Both hypomania and mania appear in Bipolar. Bipolar 1 for mania previously known as Manic Depression. Hypomania for Bipolar 2. Then there is Cyclothymia (Bipolar 3) where you get hypomania but not severe depression.

Both PD and Bipolar all have overlapping criteria especially in terms of risky behaviour.

I'm diagnosed with EUPD, and whilst once I met the criteria slightly I don't now. However I do meet the criteria for Bipolar 2 but those so called professionals still label me with a PD despite the fact my swings in mood are long lasting and I don't show any traits of a PD.

Sadly once labelled with a PD, it's very hard to lose the label.

D

Darknesssdaughter

In BPD / EUPD you experience quick changing moods often as a result of something or someone. This is why people term it emotional unstable PD.

Most people with this diagnosis have experienced some kind of trauma often in childhood.

You don't experience hypomania or mania with either of the above.

Both hypomania and mania appear in Bipolar. Bipolar 1 for mania previously known as Manic Depression. Hypomania for Bipolar 2. Then there is Cyclothymia (Bipolar 3) where you get hypomania but not severe depression.

Both PD and Bipolar all have overlapping criteria especially in terms of risky behaviour.

I'm diagnosed with EUPD, and whilst once I met the criteria slightly I don't now. However I do meet the criteria for Bipolar 2 but those so called professionals still label me with a PD despite the fact my swings in mood are long lasting and I don't show any traits of a PD.

Sadly once labelled with a PD, it's very hard to lose the label.
My mood can swing during the day from depression to mania or hypomania.
I done a research about this and some doctors consider it mixt episode of bipolar. Some say that mood swing don't change during the day in bipolar so must be BPD. There are also opinions that are both bipolar and BPD.

I also heard a small percent of those diagnosed with BPD don't report or didn't had trauma.

Yes, that's how it is with the lable of diagnosis, some doctors make a first impression when they see you in the beginning and after is hard to change their mind.

Maybe search for a second opinion regarding to your diagnosis.if possible.

M

Mary26

Oh, I want to scream when I hear "incurable" or when medical professionals slap a diagnosis on people. We are not our diagnosis and we are not incurable! We are unique, complicated humans whose symptoms are just coping mechanisms for whatever pain or trauma we have suffered. But humans are the most powerful, resilient beings who are absolutely capable of recovery and growth. (Sorry about the rant lol)

D

Darknesssdaughter

Sorry @Marry26 for upsseting you. I have symptoms from many disorders so I feel very alone in this... And fitting less or more into something makes me feel better.

I also believe everyone can be capable of recovery.

D

Darknesssdaughter

These doctors drive me more insane.
It's not worth going for meds to treat the way they make me feel.
Im very angry now so sorry if I post something stupid. Just want to let everything out.

I'm seeing a new doctor and what she did was read what the other doctors wrote about me and ignore everything I explained And than put a diagnosis from what she read.

Like where the hell am I going to find a good doctor?
I cannot stand anymore the stres They put me through. 1 is abusive, 1 is angry, 1 is a bit**, 1 is superficial. 3 years of hell. When I could have stayed at home and treat myself my mental problems.
Im going to report some of them because I had enough. I was Called many times stupid for having memory probkems, ugly for not talking about sex with him, dirty because I use something to cover my hair, dirty because I'm other race, alchoolic because I m other race.etc

Another one, patients that comed after me should enter first, many times want to talk just a little n I'm not allowed. I said I'm fainting all the time from a meducatuon (and I could not stay without meducation), she said laughing at the person I was with in her office that I'm a Histrionic..as an insult she said it.meant that my faint is not real med induced and I'm Histrionic that does not give a sh.. About anything. Did not let me talk because I was not feeling well and it was noticeable so the narcissist who was stalking me (even at the doctors) speaked for me...lies!! Every time acting like a bitc. . Not gave me a diagnosis for as long as I went to her, more that 6 months.

Every time I mention about the biggest abuse of my life, they don't seem to understand. They lable me paranoid. I'm done with this doctor too. Is not easy to talk about abuse and I don't open to every doctor.. What do they kbow??
Anothor one I will see. Than I will change city if it doesn't go well.i really need medication. And a doctor that will understandI hope I don't have to change country.
Some italians are the most racist people I ever seen.

D

DSwole

Taking care of myself is hard. Cooking a meal is hard cleaning showering is hard. Sometimes I can not do 5he dishes, is to gard. My head falls down, my body drops like dead I lost my stenght. Need to drink 3,4 coffees in the morning and than again at least 2 to be able to cook a meal and clean.
And the doctor is sending me to work every time I see her. I'm so angry now, I am going to change her. But I don't want to, I'm afraid to go to another doctor.
Gosh you are explaining my everyday struggles to the T. I experience every one of those symptoms daily. I know who is responsible for those who experience feeling this way. The people behind the voices are controlling my mind and making me feel this way...unmotivated. I have to really force myself to clean, cook, do the dishes, the laundry and other simple tasks around the house i live in with my sister who works during the day.

S

Shiroki

These doctors drive me more insane.
It's not worth going for meds to treat the way they make me feel.
Im very angry now so sorry if I post something stupid. Just want to let everything out.

I'm seeing a new doctor and what she did was read what the other doctors wrote about me and ignore everything I explained And than put a diagnosis from what she read.

Like where the hell am I going to find a good doctor?
I cannot stand anymore the stres They put me through. 1 is abusive, 1 is angry, 1 is a bit**, 1 is superficial. 3 years of hell. When I could have stayed at home and treat myself my mental problems.
Im going to report some of them because I had enough. I was Called many times stupid for having memory probkems, ugly for not talking about sex with him, dirty because I use something to cover my hair, dirty because I'm other race, alchoolic because I m other race.etc

Another one, patients that comed after me should enter first, many times want to talk just a little n I'm not allowed. I said I'm fainting all the time from a meducatuon (and I could not stay without meducation), she said laughing at the person I was with in her office that I'm a Histrionic..as an insult she said it.meant that my faint is not real med induced and I'm Histrionic that does not give a sh.. About anything. Did not let me talk because I was not feeling well and it was noticeable so the narcissist who was stalking me (even at the doctors) speaked for me...lies!! Every time acting like a bitc. . Not gave me a diagnosis for as long as I went to her, more that 6 months.

Every time I mention about the biggest abuse of my life, they don't seem to understand. They lable me paranoid. I'm done with this doctor too. Is not easy to talk about abuse and I don't open to every doctor.. What do they kbow??
Anothor one I will see. Than I will change city if it doesn't go well.i really need medication. And a doctor that will understandI hope I don't have to change country.
Some italians are the most racist people I ever seen.
I have had very bad experiences with therapists who just analyze you as if you were a Petri dish for their interests, and not a human being with struggles. I bpd sounds right for you because a lot of what you originally posted is how I was.. am. I am in a better place so I can tell you that it’s not impossible to get better. But Its not easy, and a lot of it tends to be DIY work in reprogramming your own thoughts and emotions. I have been through many of the same things, even if not all of them. I’m sorry for the people you keep being exposed to, but there is hope. There are many ways to treat bpd, and research shows that it’s not necessarily permanent. Some people have literally outgrown bpd just from age apparently, or perhaps the wisdom and insight you gain as you grow and experience things helps. Point is there is hope and even if you can’t get help from professional, there are ways to improve it yourself. Not that I think you shouldn’t keep trying to go through professionals, just that if you have no choice like I did for a long time, you either fix things yourself or tap out, and tapping out didn’t work out for me, so I worked on fixing things myself. I don’t mean to imply any of it was easy or that what you have is any less serious. Just that you’re not alone and there is hope for people like us. You are also a valued human being equally deserving of love and happiness as any other regardless of skin color and gender. I wish all of the world felt this way, but not everyone is so open minded. Keep your chin up and keep fighting.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
A doctor shouldn’t be giving you a MH diagnosis. They are not specifically trained for that and a 10 minute appointment would not give sufficient time. You need to have an assessment to the DSM guidlines. To see what category you fit in to and that means a questionnaire and usually quite a long first appointment to discuss the findings and quite often they will not give you a diagnosis for a few months.
You need to make another appointment and ask for a referral then you can start on the right treatment

D

Darknesssdaughter

I have had very bad experiences with therapists who just analyze you as if you were a Petri dish for their interests, and not a human being with struggles. I bpd sounds right for you because a lot of what you originally posted is how I was.. am. I am in a better place so I can tell you that it’s not impossible to get better. But Its not easy, and a lot of it tends to be DIY work in reprogramming your own thoughts and emotions. I have been through many of the same things, even if not all of them. I’m sorry for the people you keep being exposed to, but there is hope. There are many ways to treat bpd, and research shows that it’s not necessarily permanent. Some people have literally outgrown bpd just from age apparently, or perhaps the wisdom and insight you gain as you grow and experience things helps. Point is there is hope and even if you can’t get help from professional, there are ways to improve it yourself. Not that I think you shouldn’t keep trying to go through professionals, just that if you have no choice like I did for a long time, you either fix things yourself or tap out, and tapping out didn’t work out for me, so I worked on fixing things myself. I don’t mean to imply any of it was easy or that what you have is any less serious. Just that you’re not alone and there is hope for people like us. You are also a valued human being equally deserving of love and happiness as any other regardless of skin color and gender. I wish all of the world felt this way, but not everyone is so open minded. Keep your chin up and keep fighting.
You re right. That's how they annalise you.
I find myself in BPD description, everything besides fear of abandonment. Also read about extended explanations of BPD from doctors and patients. It is all clear for me that I have it.
I have also OCD contamination type and bipolar. This is what I think. Mania is triggered by rage and stress and OCD, so I don't know if it is just some case of maniacalism and not bipolar itself.

I'm glad you managed to improve your health and you are feeling better. I know how hard it is to deal with all those extreme negative emotions and their consequences.

D

Darknesssdaughter

Gosh you are explaining my everyday struggles to the T. I experience every one of those symptoms daily. I know who is responsible for those who experience feeling this way. The people behind the voices are controlling my mind and making me feel this way...unmotivated. I have to really force myself to clean, cook, do the dishes, the laundry and other simple tasks around the house i live in with my sister who works during the day.
Sorry you feel like this.
I had 2 psychotic episodes. What I did was to ignore the voices until they faded away. It worked for me. And relaxation techniques also were effective for hallucinations.
Now, from time to time, when under high stress or because of insomnia I still have sometimes halucinations.

D

Darknesssdaughter

A doctor shouldn’t be giving you a MH diagnosis. They are not specifically trained for that and a 10 minute appointment would not give sufficient time. You need to have an assessment to the DSM guidlines. To see what category you fit in to and that means a questionnaire and usually quite a long first appointment to discuss the findings and quite often they will not give you a diagnosis for a few months.
You need to make another appointment and ask for a referral then you can start on the right treatment
Yes, right. Especially a diagnosis of schizo affective or schizophrenia she said she thinks I have. But she looked very decided about schizo affective.

D

Darknesssdaughter

Went to the doctor today.

Now she believes it's extreme hysteria and obsessive psychosis.

I suffer from narcissistic abuse, this together with other with my mental health conditions make it hard for them to figure out what's goin on.

I felt disgusting during the session, made me feel more disgusting and embarrassed as she talked about the fact that I need a partner. I feel very offended. That's from where my problems comes I think she believes. Must play a role, but is not the main.

It is very offensive and I don't feel good.
Trying to not think about it and I'm going to change this doctor.