• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

frustrated by diagnosis constantly changing

H

hobbygirl

I was mentally stable for 20 years. I lost my health insurance and began this journey of difficulty in finding a psychiatric practitioner for medication management. I ended up being hospitalized. I left the hospital and day program feeling well. I went to my first visit with my new practitioner after leaving the hospital. she seemed a little eccentric, but was educated in medications. she stuck with one diagnosis at the first visit. by the second visit see gave me another diagnosis which isn't even consistent with the diagnostic criteria. I also told her I was having some situational depression. She replied that this can turn into a more chronic depression so the source didn't matter. My husband also has issues and I was helping him to access help. I mentioned this to her in my session and she told me if he can stick his d**k into me then he should be able to find help on his own. I'm of an opinion that husband and wives should stick together in times of need. When my fifteen minutes was up it was up regardless of questions I might have. I am frustrated because I feel like I haven't found the right person to treat me and I don't want to bounce from one doctor to another. There is a doctor in the same office, but I am doubting the wisdom of seeing someone in the same office. I also don't know how accurate the online ratings are when searching for a doctor.

D

Deliah

She doesn't sound like a wise person to be helping you. I wish you every success in finding someone new and wise and kind. Have you considered learning mindfulness. You don't need a label. It serves no purpose at all. love D xxx

H

hobbygirl

Thanks for the input. I'm looking for a new practitioner. I'm also doing counseling. I'll look into mindfulness. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Services 2