• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Frustrated At Times

R

Rider52

I'm still trying to figure out how to get help. I don't have insurance for mental health. I'm sure it can be expensive if treatments are needed. I spent thousands last time and it was just anxiety. I'm still getting the hypnogogic hallucinations before sleep. It's just tough trying to make that first step. I've never dealt with anything like this before.

On a positive note I still keep up with my daily routine and get rest when needed. I did some hiking earlier this week and got some nice nature photos. Hopefully things get better soon.

EdEd

EdEd

Yes , keep on that path.. the hiking and nature stuff sounds fun.

L

Lab rat

I’m guessing you are not in the UK?

if you are, you can now self refer to the crisis team

R

Rider52

I’m guessing you are not in the UK?

if you are, you can now self refer to the crisis team
Nope, I'm from the USA. Any type of healthcare or treatment here is expensive. Even with good insurance it can still cost a lot. There's ways to get discounts for treatments if you're low income or whatever other reasons though. I'm not sure how the whole process works.

Oliviaq

Oliviaq

I'm still trying to figure out how to get help. I don't have insurance for mental health. I'm sure it can be expensive if treatments are needed. I spent thousands last time and it was just anxiety. I'm still getting the hypnogogic hallucinations before sleep. It's just tough trying to make that first step. I've never dealt with anything like this before.

On a positive note I still keep up with my daily routine and get rest when needed. I did some hiking earlier this week and got some nice nature photos. Hopefully things get better soon.
Sometimes I get hypnagogic hallucinations before sleep as well.
These can be early symptoms of narcolepsy, but I'm trying to stay positive.
I practice yoga and I've notice that I get these symptoms after I hold one specific pose or after I meditate.
I did some research and I heard it's not such a bad thing to worry. I found out that there are people who are trying to get into this state intentionally.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Hearing Voices Forum 10
R Hearing Voices Forum 7