• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Frustrated and irritated. :(

Da Cuckoo

Da Cuckoo

Tapping on the walls kept me awake last night. Tapping on the walls around the house today. Curtains closed, blinds down. Was contemplating just staying upstairs in the bedroom - maybe safer?.
Accused my son when he came home from college of tapping on his walls to keep me awake and frighten me. He was hurt and annoyed.
TV not been on all day then an 'taaa..daaa!' organ sound comes out of it. TV left off until everyone was at home.
Voice calling me a spiteful bitch but it sounds like it's been slowed down.
Not eaten again. Smoked my body weight in rollies.
Seroquel not made a difference to anything at all. Not sleeping. Lyrica and venlafaxine would be better off in the bin.
Not gonna open my mouth to anyone about anything because I don't know how much I can take of being looked at like I'm mad as a box of frogs or being told they can't hear anything. I beginning to think the tapping is some kind of warning sign and then telling me that closing the curtains so they can't see me is of no use.
After the taaa-daaa music I'm worried incase they might be able to see me through the telly.
I've tried reasoning with the voice and myself. My nurse coming Wednesday. I don't know whether it's any use telling him that the 100mg of serequal hasn't even scraped the surface. Or even if they are real tablets.
I feel like a burden now. Maybe if I don't say anything to anyone and try and deal with them myself people will be relieved and life can go on.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

First of all, you're not a burden at all.
Personally, I really think you should tell the nurse on Wednesday that you've been having these problems and the seroquel hasn't helped at all.
It may be that the dose needs adjusting.

I can see that it must be upsetting be looked at like you're "crazy". I presume this is family members who are looking at you in this way?
I really think that if you decide not to talk to your family any more, it's important that you keep communicating with the nurse.
The experience of hearing tapping and noises must be really bothering you, and for your own peace of mind, I think that asking the nurse for help might be a good idea.

Da Cuckoo

Da Cuckoo

everyone gone to bed. Bottle of brandy and a months worth of meds.

Thanks guys - all one of you xxx

Unique1

Unique1

Hi da cuckoo

Sorry to read you are having a bad time. Not been on here much at all lately myself, been struggling.

Did you see the nurse today ?

I wanted to say please stay safe, im here if you want to chat x x

Unique1

Unique1

Hi.

Thinking of you. Hoping your safe and things are a little better x

Da Cuckoo

Da Cuckoo

Been put on olanzapine but things are not too different at the moment. Didn't even sleep well last night even though my CPN said I would. This is when I get hyper paranoid about medication being a placebo. I'm only on 5mg. Don't know what to expect or when xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's still early days with the olanzapine, though I have to say i'm surprised it didn't make you sleepy because i've known people take it who say it makes them really tired.

I know that doctors generally describe a low dose and increase it over a few weeks, to reduce side effects. I don't know what's considered a therapeutic dose, but I imagine that you'll be asked to increase the dose.

But that does mean playing a waiting game before you can really notice any benefits or improvement, which I can imagine might feel really disheartening if you're desperate and want some relief sooner rather than later.

When do you next see the CPN? Are they aware of how much your sleep is being affected? It's really important for anybody to get a good night's rest, but even more so if you struggle with mental health because exhaustion can make things worse.

Also, I know this is a bit random, but have you tried wearing earplugs at all when you're in bed at night? x