• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

From ocd to anxiety now worry

W

Williamworry

I thought I had ocd about the “ past” and what happened in my relationship

I thought I had anxiety about the above

And I think it boils down to just “ worry” yes worry workA with anxiety but from what I have learned and studied I think my issue are lower down on all the areas of anxiety and ocd .

My partner is amazing and helping me much it was him that I let down and hurt . He however holds no blame to me loves me says it’s fine10000000 times a day bless him and is genuinely happy.
I just can’t move on and let it go .

Lizaje

Lizaje

Let what go? Living with a SO who expects you (with ocd) to not have the symptoms of ocd is difficult, to say the least.

W

Williamworry

Hello not sure what you mean there “SO” ?

my worry/issue was in the past several years ago now - I went on to some dating chat sites and was chatting to people ( sexual chat) and met several people but nothing happend sexually- I could not do it and felt sick and just bolted. I had carried this regret around for a long time and then told my partner who waS amazing about it all and had no issue with it at all - I said I was sorry it won’t and hasent happened again , he forgave me said he is very happy loves me loves what we have how we are and move on he’s not a problem. the moving on and all that seems to be my worry and I just can’t get past what I have done . I was always thinking about it and I did think I was getting ocd about it or had deep anxiety over it . But from reading and and watching various drs and people on like -personal experiences - I think it’s just excessive worry and regrets. Yes I know it’s all a very cose cousin to anxiety and ocds and many of their stress related things .

Self forgiveness is what I need to work on and that I find very hard . But I have made steps in a more healthier life , excise , herbal remedy’s , meditation. I don’t want to go on pills and things just yet as that can do as much damage as good . I want to work at my problem and become better .
x

Lizaje

Lizaje

I mean a significant other

I get the feeling — and I could be wrong — that you keep downplaying your symptoms.
I don’t want to go on pills and things just yet as that can do as much damage as good .
Say what? They're quite harmless. So much so, they might not work.

W

Williamworry

No not at all down playing anything- this journey has been hard and over time I have reached many miles stones and lots of feelings and worry’s , ups and downs . With support here I have or I am starting to see where i fit in on the ladder .
I feel positive that ocd and high anxiety “ are not my area” . I say that as I have spent many hours understand their caused , their ways , their Symptoms. Of course everyone is different and little things are different to each person .
When I got to “ worry” i felt more at home , more in line with my feelings and my emotions. All the above I had discussed with my partner and he supports me regardless of what it might be but he said that once I “ found” worry I became more me and as bad as worry is I became more relaxed .

I think it is that finding your inner strength and feeling and while working on all the areas Something can become clearer for you or is “ more you”.

I have several awesome “ worry/anxiety” apps that like most base around meditation but they also explain stagesof your journey - what areas you may feel or fit - or none a all.

what I do know is to day has been for me so positive.

Lizaje

Lizaje

Didn't you just say that they're giving you useless apps that are supposed to help?

As ever it may be, of course I wish you all the best with recovering. :hug1:

W

Williamworry

Thank you - no never said they apps are useless , think you may have read my post wrong or I did not write it how I meant . The apps I use for meditation etc that discuss worry , anxiety, ocd - many topics I have found to a wonderful help.