• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

From loser to winner, in two weeks. A change in thinking

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Hey Guys. I don't know how many people are aware of my struggles over the last 10 years . Had just about given up 6 weeks ago, was very close to doing something bad. Drinking till I passed out nearly every day. Medicated to the eye balls on anti psychotics and anxiety pills. Nothing was working, my diabetes had gotten worse. What I did was pretty radical and dangerous, I am not advocating trying this. I went cold turkey on everything. I was a bit sick for a day , but within 3 days things started getting better. But i have told my family and my GP knows what ive done. So I’m not alone

It's now two weeks, and life is amazing. I think what has helped with the change is self love and belief. I never would of believed this, but it works. Sure sometimes it is hard maintaining the energy and enthusiasm, but the pay off is huge. Setting goals for the day, and get excited about them. This will have you jumping out of bed at 7am in the morning.
Just putting on clean clothes a shower and a shave, is a big win. To start you on the right track for the day.

I turn negatives into positives. I don't let anything beat me. My computer cracking itself this week, didnt bother me. I just dealt with it, with a smile. This is very new to me. A change in thinking, no more negativity.

The acholism i have beaten relatively easily, my mental problems might be a bit harder, but I am going to try. I am putting myself in stressful situations everyday and winning so far. I'm going to keep working hard, still open to some medication if I need it. But have no intention of remaining the psychiatrist's lab rat.

Just for people struggling, want to give you hope that things can change. Life can take a turn for the better very fast, if you put the effort in

Stay Awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hey Guys. I don't know how many people are aware of my struggles over the last 10 years . Had just about given up 6 weeks ago, was very close to doing something bad. Drinking till I passed out nearly every day. Medicated to the eye balls on anti psychotics and anxiety pills. Nothing was working, my diabetes had gotten worse. What I did was pretty radical and dangerous, I am not advocating trying this. I went cold turkey on everything. I was a bit sick for a day , but within 3 days things started getting better

It's now two weeks, and life is amazing. I think what has helped with the change is self love and belief. I never would of believed this, but it works. Sure sometimes it is hard maintaining the energy and enthusiasm, but the pay off is huge. Setting goals for the day, and get excited about them. This will have you jumping out of bed at 7am in the morning.
Just putting on clean clothes a shower and a shave, is a big win. To start you on the right track for the day.

I turn negatives into positives. I don't let anything beat me. My computer cracking itself this week, didnt bother me. I just dealt with it, with a smile. This is very new to me. A change in thinking, no more negativity.

The acholism i have beaten relatively easily, my mental problems might be a bit harder, but I am going to try. I am putting myself in stressful situations everyday and winning so far. I'm going to keep working hard, still open to some medication if I need it. But have no intention of remaining the psychiatrist's lab rat.

Just for people struggling, want to give you hope that things can change. Life can take a turn for the better very fast, if you put the effort in

Stay Awesome
Well done!

Faith198

Faith198

I’m so sorry you have had such a hard time but to read about how you pulled out of that rough patch, is very inspiring to me. I tend to stay depressed, despite forcing myself to do one thing on my list for the day. It is true that changing your thinking can make a world of a difference. Even though I am aware of not focusing too much on the negatives, it helps me to read stories like this. You are a very strong person and after reading this, it makes me feel like since you can push through it, I can too. That I should never let anything hold me down.

this is the motivation I need (and continue to need because I fall back down sometimes)
Keep pushing on, you got this. I would love to have your strength. It makes me want to work harder on myself 💪 I’m sure this will help others here as well

Keesha

Keesha

Congratulations Eddie.
What a great attitude you have.
Keep it up!
Self love 💕 goes far!

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Things are going so amazing. I am enjoying shopping again. I have been so afraid for so long. Just get in get out fast, don't make eye contact. Just feel like engaging with people, now. So much easier. Had another great talk with the Computer repairman today, was great. I would of found this too hard only a few weeks ago, would of just clicked on some generic prebuilt system and had it delivered. We have had a great brainstorming session and he is building me a killer computer, should get it next Wednesday. Such a better result for me

I bought some fresh fish today at a shop. It was always to much effort to buy anything at the deli or fish shop, found the communiction such a strain.

Went for a 3.3 km walk this morning, suddenly I have energy and am focused on losing weight

I can say for the first time in 10 years, there is almost nothing wrong with me. If I keep this up, I will get back to work next year or at least do some study. Who knows maybe go on a date. Anything is possible at the moment

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Things are going so amazing. I am enjoying shopping again. I have been so afraid for so long. Just get in get out fast, don't make eye contact. Just feel like engaging with people, now. So much easier. Had another great talk with the Computer repairman today, was great. I would of found this too hard only a few weeks ago, would of just clicked on some generic prebuilt system and had it delivered. We have had a great brainstorming session and he is building me a killer computer, should get it next Wednesday. Such a better result for me

I bought some fresh fish today at a shop. It was always to much effort to buy anything at the deli or fish shop, found the communiction such a strain.

Went for a 3.3 km walk this morning, suddenly I have energy and am focused on losing weight

I can say for the first time in 10 years, there is almost nothing wrong with me. If I keep this up, I will get back to work next year or at least do some study. Who knows maybe go on a date. Anything is possible at the moment
That was a nice read to wake up to :) Go, Eddie!

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Went for a little walk with Mum in the Park this morning, she can't walk very well. We just sat on the park bench and watched all the kids playing on the playground, was very relaxing. Took some great photos of Mum, with the SLR

Feel a little bit sore after yesterdays walk , but still going to push on for a 3km walk this afternoon. No pain no gain baby, lol.

Been a bit too chatty have to keep telling myself to slow down. I am okay though, just super pumped at the moment. Making every minute count

Got my Gopro hero 9 today, so charging that up and hopefully my hero 8 accessories fit. I will strap it to my head and look like a freak on my walk. Who cares, good fun. This sucker is 5k and 20 megapixels going to be unreal. Super excited

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Just did a 3.3 km walk with Dad, he is a mad bastard. I took my good camera to take some nice photos of gardens. In his awesome wisdom he leads me on a walk thought our local industrial estate, I nearly cracked the sads. Have no idea what he was thinking. At least we went through the park, and I got one good photo.

P1000537.JPG

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
My current medication I am taking is 30 mg of Hall and Oats in the Morning and 15 mg of Huey Lewis and the News at night. They both may cause involuntary movements.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Had an awesome sleep. Sets you up for a great day. I've had terrible sleep patterns for years, such a novelty to wake up feeling great, and not hungover.

Pumped for another couple of walks today. Mum and Dad both enjoyed their walks yesterday, it's good medicine for all of us.

Really enjoying lighter meals. I cooked up some Jerk Chicken and rice last night. Just had one chicken thigh and a small serve of rice. Think cutting down my helpings and not eating heavy food is the way forward.

I expect to hit 90 kg in 4 weeks, currently just under 95 kg.

I am determined to fix every aspect of my life. I think you have to. If I had just tried to stop drinking for example and nothing else, this would not have worked. I am certain of this

Stay awesome everyone

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Hey Guys. Upping the exercise today aiming for 3 walks and a total of 5 km. Probably that will be the max I will bother walking in one day. I am a slow walker so that is about 2 hours, which the maximum I am allowed to exercise in the lockdown. In a few weeks I will start on the treadmill with a slow jog. No point just going about my exercise in half measures, but I don't want to over do it either. Can't wait to tell the Gp next week, about my achievements.

Feel absolutely pumped and ready for action at 7am in the morning. Everyday is so exciting.

Going to just take the Gopro out today and take some stills. It doesn't have a zoom but it takes 20 megapixel photos. So you just zoom in on editing. Great little camera that fits in my pocket.

Just going to cook up an awesome breakfast with some bacon and eggs, bit of fuel for the big day

Stay awesome everyone

S

sab1978

Love your energy...it’s inspiring. Keep it up bud!!!

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Just a positive trip to the Supermarket in 4k. Pleased with the camera. Just subsribed to the Gopro site for cloud storage, and if you break the camera. They give you 3 replacement cameras a year no questions asked, totally awesome.