• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Frist day of medication!

D

Deremna

Wish me luck.. I started my meds today: 25mg of lamictal (then 50 next week, then 100 after that) and Wellbutrin 150mg.

A

Affective

I hope they work for you and let us know how they change how you feel and behave.

D

Deremna

Okay.. About three weeks in.. Up to 75mg a day of Lamictal, next week will be 100.. I can tell you that I feel less depressed (mostly) and haven't really cried all too much except when watching movies but that happens all the time anyway. My sex drive seems to be improving which is wonderful. Umm.. As far as drive/motivation goes, that has yet to have any improvement. I keep trying to get it going by starting stuff but then things fail to see any sort of completion. I am still very anxious socially as well.

I also had some sort of hypomanic or mixed episode this weekend. I got maybe 8 hours of sleep within 3 days but I wasn't hyper or productive. I kept having mini breakdowns because I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldn't for more than 2 or 3 hours. I finally crashed yesterday and got a good night's sleep, though it still feels like I need more. Not sure if the meds triggered this or if it was just the bipolar doing what bipolar does. Will tell my pdoc about it.

A

Affective

Okay.. About three weeks in.. Up to 75mg a day of Lamictal, next week will be 100.. I can tell you that I feel less depressed (mostly) and haven't really cried all too much except when watching movies but that happens all the time anyway. My sex drive seems to be improving which is wonderful. Umm.. As far as drive/motivation goes, that has yet to have any improvement. I keep trying to get it going by starting stuff but then things fail to see any sort of completion. I am still very anxious socially as well.
Don't worry about this just yet. Some antidepressant take several weeks to fully work. As for everything else, I am glad it's all helping you :)
I also had some sort of hypomanic or mixed episode this weekend. I got maybe 8 hours of sleep within 3 days but I wasn't hyper or productive. I kept having mini breakdowns because I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldn't for more than 2 or 3 hours. I finally crashed yesterday and got a good night's sleep, though it still feels like I need more. Not sure if the meds triggered this or if it was just the bipolar doing what bipolar does. Will tell my pdoc about it.
That's a good idea to tell you Doctor.

Thank you for letting us know :)

A

AussieGirl

Keep up the good work hun xxxxxxx

D

Deremna

And depression rears it's ugly head yet again. Having an absolutely worthless day. I feel like I will never make anything of myself. If I had money, it would probably be a time-to-get-a-new-piercing day.

A

AussieGirl

Oh hun...stay strong...will be online all arvo if you need to vent xxx

D

Deremna

Thank you.. :redface: It's just the same old shit, different day thing. I pretty much always feel useless so I'm not surprised it came back. But I have also been binge eating which is also not helping as I have always had a problem with my weight. Funny, since the doc told me the Wellbutrin also acts as an appetite supressant.

A

AussieGirl

yeah i know how you feel

god my capacity to eat sometimes frightens me..but then others, i won't eat at all..it's a horrid cycle, i totally feel for you!!!!

D

Deremna

Exactly! It's like, while at work I try to ignore my hunger pains and wait until I can't stand it to eat. But when I get home, I'm like a bottomless pit, eating until I feel sick to my stomach. If I could find the energy, I'd start going for walks when I feel like eating like that to distract myself but I'm just so lazy and I can't trust myself to actually do anything about it.. Grrr!!

D

Deremna

Had my psychiatrist appointment yesterday.. Upped the dosage of the Lamictal to 100mg twice a day. Feeling a little funny today.. Have a headache and an odd sensation that I don't quite know how to describe.. Kind of like a weird floaty feeling in my head? I also seem to be having a little more trouble than usual with finding the right words sometimes and stuttering..