Frightened

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Am afraid to say I feel my whole world is going to come crashing down at anytime soon. Anyone who has read any of my posts will know that I fought for years to recover from anxiety and depression and return to paid employment which I did but, felt pretty well disillusioned by it all.

Well my workplace has moved so I now have to travel a 20 mile round trip every day and I hate it. I want to leave but have got used to the money and getting back on benefit seems impossible. I just get home tired and edgy go out every day feeling sick and edgy it seems its a question if when not if I relapse. I even found myself listening to a relaxation tape the other evening how scary is that?

S

saffron

Wow I can see your dilema. but 20 miles is a far way to travel twice a day. Have you spoken to your boss about this?
You really are not happy in your job then?
sorry to say hun but if you start getting so stressed that will start to affect your work and your boss will start to notice. Its better to start making plans or asking what can be done about it now than trying to stick it out and make yourself worse and have a relapse after all your hard work and strength to get this far. you could try to go to the CAB and ask what can be done.
Is it possible to get another job nearer to home?
By the way I think the relaxation tapes are great and more people should listen to them. I have whale and dolphin song.
thinking of you
S

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
hiya,

The relaxation tapes sound a really positive thing and a positive coping mechanism. Can imagine the communting is tough though I ve had to move to my parents who lived about 20 miles from civiliasaition.... It nearly got me! Back living in a normal area now! Good luck xxx

Magenta

Magenta

If the travel is making you feel tired and ill, it might be best to search for a job closer to where you live. If you can, try to hang on to the job you have until you find something else. I have found in the past that just the act of knowing you are trying to change your situation can make everything seem less horrible. ;)

Good luck!

D

Dollit

Commuting is stressful in big cities. Our rush hour in Bristol can start as early as 16.00 and go on until 18.00 and the noise is horrific. I really do appreciate how you feel and how hard you fought to get back to work. The economic climate doesn't help with job hunting but it's not impossible. Good luck MH x

Islander

Islander

I know that I am new here, but I was wanting to know what type
of work do you do? Also maybe the field you are in is not what is true
in your heart. If that makes sense? You have a long travel time, and time for all the anxiety to build up about your job, maybe if it were a different type of job the anxiety maybe less.

Islander

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Strangely enough Islander I actually work within mental health as a classroom assistant/support worker. Am still slugging it out hoping I can overcome my problem with the travelling perhaps the more I do it the easier it will get. Thanks everyone.

J

jamesdean

Hi mh I am trying to think postive thoughts for you are where I wanted to be last year in your postion I ddint even get that far but having another bash this year but trying from a differant angle and at my pace its ok people that have recovered banging on and do gooders in offices etc telling you whot to do you did well for yourself and i hope that things work out for you, god if I never achieve it wonted be for the lack of trying.(y)